[WANTED] Will be needing some U bolts and plates for 3" axle.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have clean plates with bolts and all hardware . Here are some of what I sold for $75 a pair when they did not make them. $100 a pair like this were helpful to someone who needed plates with all factory hard ware nuts and shock washers.

The last time I had to buy U-bolts alone with nuts were $50. And they are not the flat grip type as the factory U-bolts. Clean factory U bolts are hard to find just like the stronger US steel plates.

Here is an old picture. Now I have them with all hardware Plates ,U-bolts , Nuts, And shock washers. Glass beaded and in self etch primer. When you by factory parts consider the Parts, the time , the age of the clean part and material to clean and paint them, If they are cleaned and painted? Shop time is not cheap. and it does not take a only 1/2 hour to remove parts clean them and primer them . And that is after you buy the car that is clean enough to save them. The parts may be 50 yers old but steel was steel back then no added weak alloys as todays Chinese steel.

This could be you.LOL

steve 161.jpg

Two days ago we welded a shock stud back in a set of the repop plates. The plate/weld could not take the stress of the air shocks the guy had on his car. I never saw a factory plate do that back when air shocks were popular

Last edited:
Just like this mistake on the the reply for the want ad . Sometimes it is necessary and a good thing members comment or these deals would go sour. Meat head has the wrong plates pictured. Do you realize there are times that commenta are a necessity.To keep this site special as others do not. It would be different if the moderators would have the knowledge to make sure the ads are giving the correct description. Where they should get involved they don't. Sometimes helpful comments are a good thing.
Comments about the correctness of a part we allow, a conversation and chit chat we don't. There's at least a half dozen posts above that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread title.

Thanks for stepping up with the correct parts.

View attachment 1715393924 Hey if meathead deal falls through I will back up his offer.

Well hell, it looks like I may need to take you up on that offer.

Well I hate to be the person that bares the bad news but they are 7 1/4 plates and u-bolts meathead has pictured.

Oh great, but thanks for the heads up on that.
They are supposed to be here today, and I guess it's a good thing I don't need them right away.
In fact I may be waiting to do this swap until next month.
Thanks again for the heads up.

Just to be clear, are you offering a pair for 100?
Plus shipping?
I agree the originals are stronger, and that's why I didn't just order aftermarket.

I have clean plates with bolts and all hardware . Here are some of what I sold for $75 a pair when they did not make them. $100 a pair like this were helpful to someone who needed plates with all factory hard ware nuts and shock washers.

The last time I had to buy U-bolts alone with nuts were $50. And they are not the flat grip type as the factory U-bolts. Clean factory U bolts are hard to find just like the stronger US steel plates.

Here is an old picture. Now I have them with all hardware Plates ,U-bolts , Nuts, And shock washers. Glass beaded and in self etch primer. When you by factory parts consider the Parts, the time , the age of the clean part and material to clean and paint them, If they are cleaned and painted? Shop time is not cheap. and it does not take a only 1/2 hour to remove parts clean them and primer them . And that is after you buy the car that is clean enough to save them. The parts may be 50 yers old but steel was steel back then no added weak alloys as todays Chinese steel.

This could be you.LOL

View attachment 1715396150

Two days ago we welded a shock stud back in a set of the repop plates. The plate/weld could not take the stress of the air shocks the guy had on his car. I never saw a factory plate do that back when air shocks were popular

They are supposed to be here today, and I guess it's a good thing I don't need them right away.

Plus shipping?
I agree the originals are stronger, and that's why I didn't just order aftermarket.

Plus shipping?
I get $75 plus ride clean primed and ready to bolt on. If interested I will check to see what is here at this time. I believe I saw some out there when we welded that set. I don't know if my son sold any or if Todd helped himself. There are sets here that have not been cleaned but won't know there condition until they are. I don't sell things I would not use myself.

I get $75 plus ride clean primed and ready to bolt on. If interested I will check to see what is here at this time. I believe I saw some out there when we welded that set. I don't know if my son sold any or if Todd helped himself. There are sets here that have not been cleaned but won't know there condition until they are. I don't sell things I would not use myself.

Ok, thank you very much for the offer.
Mr. Sinsister mentioned he would back up the offer meathead66 made, and like I said I'm not in a big hurry.
I contacted Mr. Sinister just a minute ago about his offer so if that doesn't work out I'll get back with you on it.
Thank you, and I really appreciate your input on all of this.

Trailbeast I sold the first set that I offered that had u bolts and now can only offer the plates will that work?

Trailbeast I sold the first set that I offered that had u bolts and now can only offer the plates will that work?

It might.
Right now I'm kind of in a holding pattern waiting to see what's what.
Apparently I'm getting a set in the mail today that I already have and can't use.:D
Thanks for letting me know.
I think toolmanmike would like to clean this thread up, so we may start another wanted thread.

If those are indeed incorrect I apologize . Didn’t know they were for a 7 1/4 just assumed they were correct. If you already sent the check I will rip it up and just go ahead and throw them out.

It might.
Right now I'm kind of in a holding pattern waiting to see what's what.
Apparently I'm getting a set in the mail today that I already have and can't use.:D
Thanks for letting me know.
I think toolmanmike would like to clean this thread up, so we may start another wanted thread.
Let's leave the thread open. I think you are very close to finding the proper ones.

Plus shipping?
Ive got a set in Phoenix if still needed.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back