• Absolutely not. Are you insane?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

Just Send It

There goes the neighborhood!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a chassis dyno session scheduled for this Friday. I live in the high desert where it hasn't rained in over 3 months.

As luck would have it, it supposed to rain this Friday. Of course, right?!

I have a 6 mile drive to the dyno. It's mostly back roads to get there. 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street-R tires. 590hp (est). 2800lbs. Rain-X w/o windshield wipers

Should I reschedule for November or nut-up and drive it there?

StopSnooping.jpg

I drove on 30 year old bias ply tires for a whole school year, I think you will be ok for 6 miles. Corner slow, and watch the throttle in the turns, extra braking distance and you’ll be fine.

We put Nitto drag radials on Member Cannucky's Stroked Barracuda, he drove year round, including across country summer/winter, - he did have it shipped by rail back a few times cuz the car wouldn't drive West, rofl, IIRC .
Hope he is well .

Last edited:
Et street s/s are probably better than the 'R"s in the rain, but if you keep the speed down, use common sense going around corners, you should be okay. I don't think I would try it on et street radial pro's
Make sure your tires are hard enough for chassis dyno use. I think I would check the sidewall for max psi, and run that.
Normal street tires would be better for the trip..... and probably the dyno!

No wipers? I'd probably reschedule. No wet tires on the dyno that way.

I didn't even know there was a warrantee on drag radials! I wouldn't be concerned about voiding a warrantee I didn't know existed.
Still, I wouldn't want to do something that might ruin a quarter panel on that beautiful Dart. (LOVE the color combo!)
I think I would reschedule.

I didn't even know there was a warrantee on drag radials!

Me neither! I have 3 set of these E/T tires so I'm not worried about messing them up, but I am worried about a high speed blowout.

Hmmm...I'll see if I can source some regular radials

If they have a DOT number, they are required to be able to be used in the rain.

True, but that doesn’t mean they will work good. I’ve done it and prefer to not do it again. lol
100% true. But nonetheless, they are supposed to be "safe" up to a certain speed and that's probably not very fast.

If you're seriously worried about traction, - before drag radials, we ran around on "cheater slicks" , two narrow tread groves on a 7 inch slicks was common back then, in every condition but snow .
Easy on the gas pedal, let fear and common sense guide you .

If they have a DOT number, they are required to be able to be used in the rain.
I have a pair of et street radial pro's, and they have a dot. I might some day get caught in the rain with them but there is NO WAY im starting out on a trip in the rain with them, dot or not! A few thumb sized voids, not a single groove, dangerous as a set of slicks in the rain, and a 700hp 540 in front of them? Not happening.

I have a pair of et street radial pro's, and they have a dot. I might some day get caught in the rain with them but there is NO WAY im starting out on a trip in the rain with them, dot or not! A few thumb sized voids, not a single groove, dangerous as a set of slicks in the rain, and a 700hp 540 in front of them? Not happening.
I don't disagree, I was simply stating fact.

Ask the dyno operator if he has any worries about those tires on the rollers. If not, freakin send it.

It'll be OK, you probably don't have enough power for it to be a problem. lol
You should be OK to go 6 miles, just remember to go lightly on the go pedal and slow around the corners.

This is why FABO is so great

@V8-valiant took the 295 radials off of his car to let me use them for the dyno. What a guy!

MOPAR friends are the best friends. Thanks for the suggestions

Tires.jpg

It'll be OK, you probably don't have enough power for it to be a problem. lol
You should be OK to go 6 miles, just remember to go lightly on the go pedal and slow around the corners.

gasping-gasp.gif

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

Are you trying to hurt my feelings, sir?

Last edited:
-
Back