Will I Need A New Oil Pan?

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I have a 360 out of a 1984 Dodge van and im putting into a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda. Will I need a new oil pan or will I have to put the engine in and find out the hard way?

Thank You

I haven't looked yet the motor is still in the van untill the end of the month. I am taking it out on the 30th. I am just trying to line it all up so the car is running asap after the motor is out.

yep, you'll need a oil pan, and probably a oil filter adapter. The car water pump may hide the timing scale on a van timing cover. These are a few of the issues I had when using a van 318 to replace a \6 .

You need a pan, and with headers the 90° adaptor for the long filter. Or run a small can filter.

Don't fporget the oil pick up tube. If you get a new pan it should come with one. Just check to make sure.
And you may need car motor mounts also.

I have a hipo oil pump and pickup from a 340 so all I need is a pan. To save money what cars use the same oil pan as a 68 Barracuda?

you just need a center sump pan for a 318/340 make sure its for a 318/340 not a 360 pan it will leak and you will need car motor mounts. for a 273/318 because 340/360 are just a little difrent as for oil filters just run a wix p#51085 a mopar p# mo-090 a fram p# ph16 or purolator p# l14670 or ac delco p# pf13 which ever is your prefrence i personally always run a wix or a mopar filter but i gave you all the leading p#s because every one is diffrent every thing else should work the engines in cars vans trucks RVs are pretty much all the same other than some little things

wow sorry read the post wrong i was thinking he was getting a 318 the oil filter numbers are still the same for all mopar small blocks though

You will need a 360 pan and pick-up. A stock pump is all that is needed. No high volume or high pressure crap.

-
Back