will theses K-members work..

-
Thanks for the additional information.
I have the complete steering linkage from a 73 valaint signet that had a six in it.
Was planning on using the 73 duster disk, calipers and upper control arm with it.
Will the pitman arm still be an issue ?
Also if I use the 273 in it are there mounts that will work with the spool mounts on the Kmember.
I have a larger Kmember that I took out of a 66 Dart , it was meant for an 8 but I can't ID the member. Also that member has the weeker idler arm mount that will not accept the 73 linkage which seems much better then the original 66 that I'm building.
Any help on Identifying the member would sure be appreciated.
Also, does anyone out there know if the 66 Six will mount on the spool mounts on the 73 Kmember ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
You have brake parts, suspension parts, and steering linkage parts. The steering linkage swap is complicated by idler arm connect at K member and pitman arm to steering gear. I think the early power steering gear is where the pitman arm issue lives. Manual steering might be non issue ( I forget ). Welding a different clip on the k member for later type idler arm is a solution there.
I don't think the later model K is direct bolt in to early A. Frame rail/bolt spacing different? If that is correct, a larger/wider K with the same single bolt ear for idler arm would have to be a 67 K member. That clip changed for 68 up.

No '67 and up K-frame fits '66 and down, at all, everything is different. The frames are ~2.5" narrower on early A's, the engine is mounted over 1.75" further forward in relation to the frt. wheels etc.....etc....the spools started in '73 as mentioned, the 6 frames are all diff from 8 frames from '67 up on A-bodies. Spools included. As mentioned early on, this thread should've been moved, but morphed into belonging sort of. With conversion mounts readily available, I agree, buy 'em & bolt it together. The brake upgrade need not mess with the change in steering gear/linkage as also correctly noted above.

-
Back