Will this 7-blade fan fit my '66 Dart Slant Six?

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi

I will be fixing the A/C on my dart probably this end of the month and do not think my current setup (4-blade fan) will work in this 95F weather with the A/C on full blast...

So, as the title says, will this fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-18-CO...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53ead09245

and if so, do you think its adequate for my 170CID engine with a modern A/C compressor?

Current setup:
P1020537.jpg

Thanks.

Syed

As much as I dislike them, I think I'd go with a fan clutch system over the ridgid one for an A/C setup. You're going to need all the horsepower you can get with that 170! Measure the distance from the center of your water pump shaft, out to the nearest obstruction.....usually a radiator hose. Double that and subtract an inch and a half. That will be the maximum diameter you can use safely. Buy a fan clutch that will hold the fan blade an inch to an inch and a half from the radiator core. I would recommend a shroud also.

I actually cut down a clutch type fan to fit mine. The 77 Van I junked had a HUGE fan, way too big. So I rigged a center to fit the recess in the rear of the clutch, and rigged a compass to scribe the blades, then just carefully bandsawed them off.

-
Back