will this work?

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
guys just found a trany(guy says its for a 413, 62 to 65 ) will this fit in my 67 dart(360 crate engine) i can pick it up for 400.00 and its all new seems like a very long tailshaft and he said it was large spline

No. a 413 is a big block. different bell housing. it will mount behind a 361, 383, 413, 400, 426 and 440 block. not behind a 273, 318, 340, 360 without an adapter plate (if they even make one).

No 413 is big block 360 is small block they have differant bellhousing bolt patterns

Then again, if it is just the 4 speed box, it might physically fit under your car, but the shifter won't come thru the floor in the correct place.

I think some answers are for automatics. 4 speed standard has 1 bolt pattern to bellhousing. but A body dart uses short tailshaft

Thanks guys, no its not a ball & trunion. I can see the tail shaft is too long, would you have to change the main shaft to put the shorter tail housing on? or is it an easy swap. Should I just save the money, it is all new inside

Well if we're talking 727s, then the modern TC wont fit on the input splines either.
But if A833, then I like my longshaft in my 68 Barracuda. Yeah the shifter had to go through a relocated hole, now between the buckets, and I like it there.
But to swap out the mainshaft requires a complete tear-down.

Last edited:
Thanks AJ, That's what I thought(yes its an a833) but it would fit, did you use big block or "b" body shift rods. And where does the shifter sit? You know how far back? And should I spend the money on the trans?

-
Back