Will VIN numbers reveal...

-

53ryder

Reaction score
...what month a car was built? Was wondering if the 'sequence numbers' of the VIN on my 1965 Dodge Dart would tell anything about what month it was assembled and/or rolled off the assembly line?

Glenn

...what month a car was built? Was wondering if the 'sequence numbers' of the VIN on my 1965 Dodge Dart would tell anything about what month it was assembled and/or rolled off the assembly line?

Glenn

The fender tag will but not the VIN

Hi, I recently bought a 65 dart 2 door and can't find the VIN in the car. can anybody tell me where is located? It's possible that are one under the kick panel in passenger side? I look for it but can't find. the plate in driver side is lost...

Thanks.

Hi, I recently bought a 65 dart 2 door and can't find the VIN in the car. can anybody tell me where is located? It's possible that are one under the kick panel in passenger side? I look for it but can't find. the plate in driver side is lost...

Thanks.
The only place on the car where the VIN is located is on the VIN tag on the driver's door jamb. The SO no is on the core support, but has nothing to do with the VIN

You can Kinda tell roughly when the car was built by the sequential number on the V.I.N.
For example, a car with a sequential number of 100053 would be an early build car and one ending with 451253 would be a late build car.
Some easy deduction if you knew what the highest number for that plant was, you could approximate the build date for your car within a few months.

found this for my 65 hope you can use it.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    667.7 KB · Views: 98
-
Back