wilwood coversions..what next??

-
Rokket - do you still have any high res pictures of your Brembo F50 conversion? I'm working on a new book and could use a couple pictures. The only ones I have are 1280x960 which might be okay but just thought I'd check. That might have been the highest resolution available back when those pictures were shot. I think that was back around 2000 or 2001?
Sorry, thats the best I have. Only sportin a 1.3 megapixel camera in those days and none of the magazine shoots took any pictures with the wheels off.

I may eventually put GTs on the current A-body project, but that might not happen for a little while. Plus its got an alterK, not mopar knuckles like the purple car.

My intentions with the car is for a weekend warrior to car shows, out to dinner etc. I doubt if the car will get more than 1,000 miles put on it in a year, as its just a toy these days. There is a possibility of taking it on roadtrips in the future but that would be well into the future.... In response to another question, I have the entire kit which just reuses the spindles and thats all, so everthing would be getting replaced. I was at a show in Ohio over the weekend and saw a 69 dart, and a 70? duster that had the four bolt, two chamber master cylinders on them. Are these direct bolt-ups or would I have to adapt them somehow? If so I think that would solve the master cylinder end of the questions... Thanks for all the responses and keep the info coming, I appreciate it.

The Wilwood kit will probably work okay for your car, especially since it is a lightweight car and you aren't going to drive it a bunch. If you have the 10.75 x 0.81 rotor kit then just remember that you have a marginal brake system and drive accordingly. That is smaller than anything the factory put on there.

For the master cylinder the easiest thing to do is just buy a modern aluminum MC with the plastic reservior. Those are lightweight and fairly inexpensive. Lots of places sell them but before you buy one you'll want to take a look at your Wilwood kit to see what size the caliper pistons are. The smaller the pistons then the smaller the bore size you'll want on the MC.

If the front pistons are really dinky then you'll also need to change the size of the pistons in your rear brakes or else the balance will be off. This is the biggest problem I see with people doing brake swaps. A lot of guys just buy random kits and try to bolt them on without knowing anything about the proper ratio of front to back piston area or matching the piston area to the MC size.

Does anyone know if the 4-bolt MC from a F-body will bolt up directly to my car? And what about a power booster, would I need anything special/extra to go that way? (same stuff from a F-body)

-
Back