wilwood master cylinder question

-

1968 signet

MOPAR OR NO CAR
Reaction score
I'm looking into putting a wildwood master on my car, and I notice there a 3 to choose from 7/8" bore 1" bore and 1 1/8 bore, I have 11 3/4 front disc and 11" rear drums and need to know with one to go with, no booster being used

I'm looking into putting a wildwood master on my car, and I notice there a 3 to choose from 7/8" bore 1" bore and 1 1/8 bore, I have 11 3/4 front disc and 11" rear drums and need to know with one to go with, no booster being used
my car is a 1973 Plymouth scamp with a 440

Without a booster so manual brakes it's suggested to run the 7/8" bore I believe. However Wilwood has amazing tech lines. Give them a call and they'll point you to the right direction.

Also FYI you'll need 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter as the Wilwood's are only 2 bolt masters.

Riddler

I agree with Riddler, I put one on my 71 Dart Scamp last fall and used their Tech line. They are very good and will ask you a few questions to get the right one. Mine is 4 wheel disk and they asked about pistons and bore size on all corners and a couple other questions. Very nice piece and works awesome.

Not a Wilwood solution but another option is the Right Stuff 15/16" master cylinder kit. Kit comes with MC, adjustable rod and proportioning valve at a fair price. More of a factory look than Wilwood however. Upgraded last year from drums up front to disc with this kit and the pedal feel is a little lighter than before with much better stopping. G1501

I use a 15/16" master cylinder on my Challenger which also has 11.75" front disks and 11x2.5" rear drums. Works great! Dr. Diff sells aluminum master cylinders converted to 15/16" for manual brake pushrods.

If you want to go Wilwood I would go 7/8" or 1", the 7/8" will have a little more travel in the pedal but will give a higher line pressure, the 1" will have a higher pedal but slightly less line pressure. Either would fine, just depends on your preference for pedal feel really. I wouldn't use the 1 1/8", the pedal will be high with a short travel so the brakes will be harder to modulate.

-
Back