Windage tray drainage

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
I got a new windage tray to go on my 383, It is the moulded style, I see it only has louvers or drains on one side of the tray, is this sufficient or should I add a few more? And if so where should I add them.
Thanks

IMG_20160713_150355568.jpg

IMG_20160713_150418539.jpg

Google crank scrapers and find the phone number for Isihara-Johnson crank scrapers and call Kevin Johnson. The guy will help you sort that thing out.

BTW, make sure you have a pen and pad to take notes. I refer to my phone calls with him and I find new stuff every time I go through his notes.

He is a smart, smart man and you can learn from him.

Edit: I know I learn from him every time I get him on the phone.

I put another row down the middle on mine but make sure you have the pan clearance.

Personally I like the metal ones, and I open the existing slots on them. The IJ scrapers are excellent pieces too but IMO overkill for a mild street type build.

pan clearance was good, i did run into a clearance problem with the pickup tube, so i trimmed that and added an extra row of slots for drainage. i like the windage tray but it would be much better with a fabricated style oil pan due to the way the seals are. but we shall see how it does. Thanks fellas!

louvers that bend in toward the crank are better, work like a scraper. a dyno test of a 500 horse 440 gained 7 hp with a Milodon tray

-
Back