Windlace for my 64 Dart...

-

redrag64

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on a vendor for windlace. Also, what should I expect to pay for my 2 door? THANKS!

Laysons does have it, make sure you work with Rick!

Stand up guy, he is a FABO guy too. just got mine last month.

Paid about $189
[email protected]
253-722-1300

Thanks for the info - I'll check it out. If there are any other leads, please keep em coming.

We do have listings for door windlace, and it is color-matched to the interior of your car. Oftentimes, it's best to send in a sample if there's any question of color match so we can do a side-by-side comparison to get the best match.

Thanks,
Rick

You can get excellent-quality fully correct windlace material in most of the stock colors without paying Layson's markup (they don't make it, they buy and resell it). See it in color at the maker's site; search parts for your '64 Dart and scroll down through the listings until you find your desired color and length pack for 2-door vs. 4-door. Copy down the part number, then go put it in a part number search on www.rockauto.com ; that way you get a lower price than ordering directly from Metro and you can apply those 5% discount codes that are always floating around for RockAuto to drive the price down even lower. Great stuff; I put it in my '64 Dart and was very happy with it. It's much better than the older "almost sort of correct" stuff that had a cotton rather than correct nylon cloth weave.

Posted by GTGrinly 8-17-10 10:57am.....

I have purchased from Layson's on multiple occasions with NO issues...and Rick keeps coming back time after time after being pounded each time someone mentions them, and on top of that he is a site supporter as a vendor...I don't have time to go through the examples posted above but have to wonder how long ago they were posted and what happened to the people who posted them, might be telling...

Posted by goldfish65 8-17-10 11:10am......

Since Rick has a proven track record of treating customers right, I don't see why people feel the need to keep telling people to avoid Layson's like the plague. Why should people keep punishing a good member like Rick since we know he is not going to burn any of us? We get it....people got burned by Layson's....in the past....stop beating this dead horse already.

Posted by cuda67 8-17-10 12:03pm......

I recently bought a couple of pieces for my 67 from Layson's or should I say Rick and the parts were delivered as promised and without any hassel.

I have heard the horror stories about Layson's and their poor service and customer care. However, most of that was while they were in litigation with Chrysler, at least that is what I understand, that is part of history that does not reflect on Rick. If you want something from Layson's deal direct with Rick via a pm. He will check availability for you and tell you what is or is not available. He even let me know when the part was shipped and provided the tracking number. He is a good guy.

So Dan....I cordially invite you to take a long walk off of a short pier.....and you can go pound sand while you're at it. LOL!!!!

S/S Dan, Rick IS a GOOD Fella here. While he may not control anything at Laysons except what he does, get us our stuff we order through him in a quick and timely fashion devoid of all the past/present issues that Laysons is known and not so known for.

At least with Rick, he lets you know up front if the part is in stock, what it will cost you and take care of you. He doesn't take your money if the part is not in stock. Even when he says it's on order due to arrive tomorrow. Not good enuff. It has to be there and he tells you so. If you wanna send rick money. He tells ya wait on it until it gets here.

This is a type of customer service we all should get from every other place in the world, but seldom do.

Beat up Laysons? OK, but not Rick how is here to help us out with Laysons wares.

You can get excellent-quality fully correct windlace material in most of the stock colors without paying Layson's markup (they don't make it, they buy and resell it). See it in color at the maker's site; search parts for your '64 Dart and scroll down through the listings until you find your desired color and length pack for 2-door vs. 4-door. Copy down the part number, then go put it in a part number search on www.rockauto.com ; that way you get a lower price than ordering directly from Metro and you can apply those 5% discount codes that are always floating around for RockAuto to drive the price down even lower. Great stuff; I put it in my '64 Dart and was very happy with it. It's much better than the older "almost sort of correct" stuff that had a cotton rather than correct nylon cloth weave.

I appreciate your input. You seem to know something about everything, and have steered me in the right direction a number of times. I will check it out. THANKS!

S/S Dan, Rick IS a GOOD Fella here. While he may not control anything at Laysons except what he does, get us our stuff we order through him in a quick and timely fashion devoid of all the past/present issues that Laysons is known and not so known for.

At least with Rick, he lets you know up front if the part is in stock, what it will cost you and take care of you. He doesn't take your money if the part is not in stock. Even when he says it's on order due to arrive tomorrow. Not good enuff. It has to be there and he tells you so. If you wanna send rick money. He tells ya wait on it until it gets here.

This is a type of customer service we all should get from every other place in the world, but seldom do.

Beat up Laysons? OK, but not Rick how is here to help us out with Laysons wares.

see signature...

I purchased mine from Metro, no issues, nice stuff.

Rumblefish360 said:
Beat up Laysons? OK, but not Rick

We seem to agree; I didn't beat up Layson's or Rick. I pointed out that Layson's does not manufacture the windlace material, linked to previous discussion of Layson's as a vendor, and described a source for the correct material in high quality at a good price.

"Watch out... slantsixdan's beard is known to eat people who question his authority!"

FEAR THE BEARD!
redbeard.gif
lolsign.gif

the beard!

This is bald-faced thread hijack, but since Rick and Dan are both here, I'm gonna do it!!!

Either of you have a source for a PAIR of headlight trim rings for a '64 Valiant?

This is not a show car, and they don't have to me 100-point perfect, but presentable.

Thanks for any information.

the beard!

Ohhhh! You didn't specify. Okeh. This picture (Summer '09) is posed; Haynes manuals aren't worth a poop:

Visitors004-1.jpg

This one's not (Summer '09); I was really happy to get the Fram oil "filter" off of my Dart:

Visitors007.jpg

And this one's from this past summer in my grandfather's raspberry garden:

Dan_Raspberries.jpg

Ohhhh! You didn't specify. Okeh. This picture (Summer '09) is posed; Haynes manuals aren't worth a poop:

Visitors004-1.jpg

This one's not (Summer '09); I was really happy to get the Fram oil "filter" off of my Dart:

Visitors007.jpg

And this one's from this past summer in my grandfather's raspberry garden:

Dan_Raspberries.jpg

:wack: haha

"So Dan....I cordially invite you to take a long walk off of a short pier.....and you can go pound sand while you're at it. LOL!!!! "

Rick, no need to fighting words- I appreciate the fact that Dave Layson has focused on the early A bodies, which have been long ignored by most others. But if Dante's has the nice rubber trunk mat for my '65 Valiants for $50 and at Layson's it's $98, and fuel tanks are $175 at Dante's and $279 at Layson's and a package tray is $32 at Dante's and it's $62 at Layson's, I'm going with Metro, Dante, Gary Goers (if he isn't retired) or anyone else who makes as good (or the identical) product at a better price. It's not personal.

Dan, my partmer ordered one in fiberglass from a guy in Australia, and we're still waiting on it to arrive, after 3 months.

Were these ever available in fiberglass, here in the states?

Well, that sucks. Are they making excuses, or just ignoring you completely? They were never available in fibreglass in the States.

Well, that sucks. Are they making excuses, or just ignoring you completely? They were never available in fibreglass in the States.

He's going to check tomorrow; may be a different place, but probably not.
He says he paid via Pay Pal, so, we'll see....

More tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

-
Back