windlace?

-
Where is the go to place for windlace???? I have a 62 but I bet 62-5 is same..
Are you looking for Original or replacement? if you are just looking for a replacement then just order some from any vendor that carries chevy s-10 windlace. it doesn't have the cloth wrapped and is black but works ok.

Are you looking for Original or replacement? if you are just looking for a replacement then just order some from any vendor that carries chevy s-10 windlace. it doesn't have the cloth wrapped and is black but works ok.

That's what I bought for my 64 but it was pretty thick and had to slam the hell out of the doors to get them to shut.

I think I have a set of new windlace for the front doors I can sell to you for less.
If you are interested, PM me.

That's what I bought for my 64 but it was pretty thick and had to slam the hell out of the doors to get them to shut.
Ha, I used S-10 rubber on my Mazda B2000 and same deal, I have to throw the door closed for it to shut. "It will relax over time" the post said, yeah right! Id get the real cloth stuff.

I think I have a set of new windlace for the front doors I can sell to you for less.
If you are interested, PM me.

I tried to start conversation, maybe my puter, or your inbox full? I can use it is blue or maybe another color. Send a private conversation if you will. Thanks

The real cloth stuff was way too thick for my doors. I bought some from Layson's and it's the same stuff Restoration Specialties sell. The door gaskets for an 84-96 Jeep Cherokee are thinner, let the doors close gently, and still keep rain out. Plus, you can get them from Rock Auto for dirt cheap.

The real cloth stuff was way too thick for my doors. I bought some from Layson's and it's the same stuff Restoration Specialties sell. The door gaskets for an 84-96 Jeep Cherokee are thinner, let the doors close gently, and still keep rain out. Plus, you can get them from Rock Auto for dirt cheap.
I will look into that also. I had used the repop windlace on early B bodies back in the 90/s It is thick but like said, just needs time.
The funny part is my wife has clamed the darned 62 Lancer. I had already panted it, now she is going over it with a magnifying glass looking for all blemishes. I already see where I will continue on with more body work and more paint! LOL We are not show car folk.

Ha, I used S-10 rubber on my Mazda B2000 and same deal, I have to throw the door closed for it to shut. "It will relax over time" the post said, yeah right! Id get the real cloth stuff.

I agree. Next time I'll spend a few extra bucks and buy the cloth stuff.

-
Back