Window Frame on a 1966 Barracuda

-

Jzaid84

Reaction score
Hey guys, I would appreciate any help pertaining to the removal of the glass and the window frame on a 1966 barracuda. This will also include the quarter glass and frame as well. I finally got the roof channel removed with the help of some of the guys here...now Im having a hard time trying to figure out how to get the frames and glass out.

Thanks in advance.

which windows are you trying to remove?
the windshield has a locking strip in the center of the rubber on the out side,,, so does the rear window,,,but if they have never been removed,,you will have to probably slice the rubber gasket so u dont crack the glass

as for the door glass,, remove the interior door handles,,arm rest,,door panel,,and you will see how the door glass comes out of the doors,,,dont break the door glass cause i just threw away a hole set,,,

Thank you for actually replying! I am wanting to remove the driver and passenger door glass as well as the quarter glass.

I am also trying to figure out how to remove the frame system that holds the glass in.

Thanks in advance!

which windows are you trying to remove?
the windshield has a locking strip in the center of the rubber on the out side,,, so does the rear window,,,but if they have never been removed,,you will have to probably slice the rubber gasket so u dont crack the glass

as for the door glass,, remove the interior door handles,,arm rest,,door panel,,and you will see how the door glass comes out of the doors,,,dont break the door glass cause i just threw away a hole set,,,

well did you take the items off i stated ??? how far have you gotten ?

The rear quarter glass is held to its frame via two bolts. The regulator is held in place by three bolts. (not shown here)

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 110
The front window glass is attached to the regulator by a pin and clip, and a roller and channel. The pin (part of the regulator) and clip, and its mounting hole are shown in the first two photos. The roller and channel are shown in the 3rd photo. Note that the roller for the channel mounted to the window is on the fixed portion of the regulator. The roller on the opposite side of the pin faces the other direction and slides in a channel fixed to the inside of the door. The hidden channel is just behind my finger (on the INSIDE of door) in the last photo.

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 130
  • cilp hole.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 155
  • glass.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 110
  • hdn chn.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 119
The rear channel should be removed to get the side glass out. Its held to the rear of the door via three bolts. The bolt holes in my photo are covered by tape.

Attachments

• rear channel.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 110
  • rear ch top mt.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 107
  • rear ch mnt hls.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 116
The vent window frame is held in by six bolts. Two allen style bolts at the front top of door frame, two under the Barracuda emblem, and two more in the side of the inner door shell. The bracket in the last photo detaches from the vent window frame. I hope these photos help you. It has been quite a while since I took all this stuff apart. You should be able to figure it out though. Good luck.

Attachments

• allens.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 130
  • dr frm.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 142
  • top bolts.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 106
  • emblem.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 127
  • bk sd emblm.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 136
  • quart gls frm.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 129
  • ext piece.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 128
Wow, 4spdCuda66, you have are a God. Thanks for the help! This should be stickied!
I will print this thread out. I appreciate it very much brother!

-
Back