windows 10

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
just turned down windows 10 again. what do u guys who have it , think about it ? is it going to be mandatory or something ? will my 8.1 keep working ? I started to install it for free, but then it said there might be fees , what gives ? thanks for any insight -------bob

they are trying to kill off the traditional laptop as we knew them pre-2012 , and quite frankly it's old news with the Tablet and the newer style touchscreen laptops in town.

Windows 10 does a good job making you feel like you are on a tablet when you are on a PC or older laptop.

I like windows 10 a lot more than I thought I would because it gets rid of most of the PC vs. Smartphone compatibility issues. It BS'es your computer into thinking it's a smartphone and you can acquire apps just like you would on a phone or tablet. It adapts real easy to newer hardware.

I like a lot of the features it has and if you use Cortana, you add a whole new dimension to computing.

The only thing I don't like is some older programs do not work. My old Hotwheels game from 2001 doesn't work anymore.

But they offer similar games in the playstore or Microsoft store.

The other thing I don't like is the new web browser called Microsoft egde, forces you to have a news feed and seems to be Anti - Google. It is powered by bing and I hate bing because bing images seem to cause a lot of video card crashes and the websites listed seem to be a lot of BS ads. Google is a 100 times better of a search engine.

It is worth getting windows 10, especially for free, it does updates different and you don't have to worry about it much. The privacy is not really a big deal either because Microsoft is using the feedback to make updates to make it better for you. There are a lot of people who must be hiding something and worry too much.

Last edited:
Wife and I both have it. Like everything else you better get used to it because eventually they will stop supporting the old version. Pretty soon there will be a few telling you to not use Windows at all but for us non techies I think Windows is ok.I use Chrome Browser though..not the edge that they kept hounding me about for a while.

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with Win 10. I don't use the edge browser though. Same ol' explorer browser in use.

I prefer 10 over 8 because 10 brought back the some of the feel of earlier OS lost in 8. I just download and install the Chrome browser. That said, I have a Windows 7 machine I got an upgrade notice on but will retain 7 for compatibility of current software.

I was a naysayer about Win 10, BUt it seems like i works well. I use firefox browser and no problems.

still on 8.1 - still like it - still haven't really tried 10 (except in a store). One thing I have heard is that the upgrade version should be avoided, so if you're using 8 or 8.1, get a full install - yea, go buy it.. don't allow the free 10 install to run/download. JM2C

still on 8.1 - still like it - still haven't tried 10. One thing I have heard is that the upgrade version should be avoided, so if you're using 8 or 8.1, get a full install - yea, go buy it.. don't allow the free 10 install to run/download. JM2C
My download works good on three Pc's. No problems.

-
Back