Windshield and Rear Window Seals and Trim

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
So I am eliminating the vinyl top that originally came on my 69 Dart and converting it to a true hardtop. I removed the trim from around the upper portion of the windshield and around the back glass. However there are still some vinyl top edges tucked under/in the window seals. I am looking at having the front and back glass taken out this winter to be able to clean up the rust spots in the tight edges. I am wondering if I will run into any problems when installing new seals around the windshield and back window and reinstalling the trim? Will eliminating the vinyl top leave a gap under the trim that I will have to deal with? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The original vinyl top material is underneath the trim clips. That pushes the clip and trim out a fraction. Remove the clips, clean away debris, reinstall clips, trim sits a fraction closer to the body.

What' the best solvent to get the Black sealant off the windshield frame and stainless trim?

You wouldn't happen to have the vinyl trim clips from your car would you. I'm doing the opposite (adding the vinyl) and need the clips for the vinyl trim moulding.
Thanks
AlV

-
Back