Windshield clip question

-

mopar410

Reaction score
Ok so I just received a set of windshield clips and they are not the same as the ones on my car.The center section looks to be the same but the old ones has an extra (2) arms if you will,making them wider at the base.The new ones look just like the ones in the Year One catalog for a 70 dart.So my question is did they change the design of the dart clips or is this just a way to pass off a similar psrt as universal?I was hopeing to get an answer with out pics,just because posting pictures seems to annoy me but I will if its needed.

Yeah, I got the ones from ebay and they were a bit different but worked the same. Here they are,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Winds...s&fits=Model:Dart&hash=item20c0eaa8c7&vxp=mtr
Those are the ones I got,after looking at the Year One catalog to make sure they where the same but ended up being different.By the looks of them it seemed they should work but I needed more input.Thanks.BTW that ebay store has alot of the small stuff at a good price.I bought both wind clips and door seal clips from them and looking at getting the trunk seal from them also.

Be sure to get a Metro trunk seal. I bought the entire car kit and they are nice. Already installed them and fit was perfect!

The width of the clip is not an issue. The heigth of the clip can be an issue on some chrysler products. I had to grind the bottoms of those clips so they matched the originals.

I didn't mic the clips but doing a side-by-side they appear to be the same everywhere except the width and thats only the extra tabs on the side.The actual base seems to be the same.The only thing I didn't like is the hole in the original is round and fairly tight to the screw and the new ones have a slot for adjustment,so I need to make sure they are all centered the same so it won't be any alignment issues.

I didn't mic the clips but doing a side-by-side they appear to be the same everywhere except the width and thats only the extra tabs on the side.The actual base seems to be the same.The only thing I didn't like is the hole in the original is round and fairly tight to the screw and the new ones have a slot for adjustment,so I need to make sure they are all centered the same so it won't be any alignment issues.

My memory sux but I think the rear window is where I found I needed to adjust the clips.
The slot looks like it could be a problem when there isnt a screw in it. With a screw you'll find there is very little travel allowed. The clip will sit to the bottom of the bed. The only guess work will be the bottom of the glass where there isn't a complete bed. Those screw holes are centered on the same line as the 4 gasket fingers formed in the body ( for those making new holes ). Wheather those few clips are a tad high or not wont matter.

-
Back