Windshield clips - different size clips

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
I noticed that there are 23 clips for the windshield trim kit with two different clip sizes (4 one size, 19 of another size). Where do the 4 clips go on the perimeter of the windshield?

I've got a '75 Scamp.

I got mine from Laysons when I stopped by there in person a few months ago. If it doesn't matter where the different size clips go, why wouldn't they all be the same size?

I too ran into the issue with the clips. I put them on the bottom edge of the windshield by the cowl. got mine from moparsbycrane here in FL. think I paid $25 or something close.

As for why? i noticed that the bigger clips would not fit on the sides and top edge as they are a smidge taller, thats why I put them at the bottom (there is a little more room for adjustment. (on a 73 duster)

I have yet to put the trim back on and I'm praying that I don't have any trouble with clip placement.

You can get them at http://rtspecialties.net That where I got mine. Just happened to catch me. My Windshield(s) are being installed tommorow. So I took a few quick pics of the clips

Dsc00001.jpg

Dsc00003.jpg

You can also get the clips (enough for both front and back windows)
from Legendary on page 120 in the catalog.

1964 Dart and Dart GT Hardtop
WG64CL-CLIP $40.00 per kit

1968-1969 Barracuda
Hardtop WG68CBN-CLIP $47.00 per kit
Fastback WG68CBF-CLIP $47.00 per kit

1968-1976 Dart and Dart GT
1968-1976 Valiant and Scamp
WG68CBLV-CLIP $47.00 per kit

1970-1976 Duster
1971-1972 Demon
1973-1976 Dart Sport
WG70CV-CLIP $47.00 per kit

Link:

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/Static/ProductCategories.aspx

If the clips go on like the picture, and the gasket goes over that how do you get the chrome on?

Does anyone make a chrome stick on molding for the from windshield 68-69?

If the clips go on like the picture, and the gasket goes over that how do you get the chrome on?

The glass bed in the body is shaped L The clips go against the upright of the L and the gasket goes on the horizontal .
Then the molding has a turned down edge that sits behind the clip.
Now about those clips... Lots of aftermarket vendors sell the same clips for front and back. Those fit fine on the back but The upright portion of the bed is shorter on 67, 68, 69 Barracudas' front glass. The front clips need to be approx 1/16 inch shorter. I happened to have 3 of the OEM clips on hand and gave Mullinax95 one.
I found this little pair of vise grips worked very well for grinding the clip down. Just enough exposed.

Attachments

• clip in grip.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 997
  • reveal molding clips 68-9 Barracuda.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,050
I realize that this is an old thread but i was doing a search on windsheild trim clips and ran across this one.
We got all of our new w/s gasket and door seals from Dantes and the clips do look like the ones pictured above, problem is that I dont know which ones go where. I have 5 clips for the front that have the oblong hole and 15 with round holes.
I thought that maybe the oblong ones go on the side but there is 3 holes on the side . so that means I would need 6 right ?

There is 12 clips for the back window so I guess I cant screw that one up.Except I dont rememer which way they go as to which is the top side of the clip.
I guess what I am asking here is does any body have a blown up picture of which clip goes where and how it sits ?
The Duster Just came home from the paint shop and Im anxious to get the windows put in.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob

-
Back