-

early A Bob

Reaction score
8B679D19-B2E0-4986-B31B-0973808378DF.jpeg
2425EF18-F8B8-4056-87AF-BAF00015D572.jpeg
BD067AC8-8F8A-4547-AD35-45767DEED343.jpeg
045D35D4-961F-4749-976C-C7E57487DA33.jpeg
3F132C66-7A9D-43EF-918D-17EA03BA7945.jpeg
Ok I’ve installed several windshields & a few back windows on various MOPARS. Removed a good one from a parts car & installed in in the car I’m fixing so I’m not new at this. Now I have the green 66 Barracuda I’m fixing. I have this old rusty 64 Barracuda I’m using for parts. Today I tried to fit the 64 glass to my 66. I was just going to duct tape it in as I have a new glass I will install after paint. I just want to cover the opening. Well to my surprise it’s too small. What gives. I took the glass out of both cars. The 66 glass was busted from a tree limb.

I believe you'll find that the gasket makes up the difference. Remember, the early cars have that lock strip that expand the gasket and locks it into position, so the windshield is not going to be as big as the opening.

I believe you'll find that the gasket makes up the difference. Remember, the early cars have that lock strip that expand the gasket and locks it into position, so the windshield is not going to be as big as the opening.
Really. Wow that much difference. I was hoping that was it. Well I guess I’ll tape the plastic back in it.

Really. Wow that much difference. I was hoping that was it. Well I guess I’ll tape the plastic back in it.

I think it is. It's enough of a difference the windshield will fit through the hole without the gasket. It looks like if you were to hold the windshield in the middle of the hole, it would be about right for the gasket all the way around.

I think it is. It's enough of a difference the windshield will fit through the hole without the gasket. It looks like if you were to hold the windshield in the middle of the hole, it would be about right for the gasket all the way around.
Ok. That’s amazing. Had me scratching my head

Center web of the gasket might be a 1/4" at most. So the inside dimensions of fence/pinch weld gasket sits on should be about 1/2" less than the outside dimensions of glass.

-
Back