Windshield Replacement

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need the windshield replaced in my '71 Duster. Who would you guys recommend. I want an OEM windshield with a lifetime warranty. I've gotten cheap quotes on aftermarket glass but the more questions I ask the higher the price seems to go. I have the gasket and locking strip already. The shops I talk to say they can't give a warranty if they use my gasket. Are there any videos online? I'm considering doing it myself.

The guy at Safelite did mine no warranty but did a great job. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do lifetime on a old car.

Install it yourself. There isn't anything to it. I just did one on a 64 truck the other day. I think it took me an hour by myself.

Just had my 71 Scamp done 1 1/2 weeks ago with Safelite and got a lifetime warrenty with it to boot. NO Pentastar on the windshield tho. Cost was $306. Installed with thier gasket. Jim

BTW window was tinted

Attachments

• 10530938_10154525728725437_7931810865382317385_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 177
All I can add about do it yourself is "hotter the better". The correct butyl sealant doesn't cooperate when cold.

The guy at Safelite did mine no warranty but did a great job. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do lifetime on a old car.

About 6 years ago Safelite installed a new windshield in my dart sport, did a great job and very pleased. This was a replacement tinted glass. I was surprised as they had it in stock. took the tech maybe an hr. with no issues, highly professional.

AMD sells them with the Pentastar mopar logo- might be able to get freee shipping at Summit- Make sure you check the box it comes in they break easy

I sent an email to Safelite asking do they use OEM glass and what kind of sealant they use. They did not say what kind of sealant they use but did say they use OEE or Original Equipment Equivalent glass. My quote was about $300. For an OEM glass the price went up substantially. I think I will go with the OEE glass. It's not a concours resto. Besides, I want the lifetime warranty. It's cold in Georgia right now, lows in the 20's highs in the 50's. May have to wait a while.

-
Back