Windshield rubber seal

-

cudamark

Reaction score
My factory 1966 parts book shows a different part number for the Valiant convertible windshield gasket vs. the other models, but, when I look for a new replacement, they say they fit all models. What is the difference (if any) between the two? Has anyone used the one Layson's sells in their convertible? How did it fit? Thanks.

For specific differences between the convertible gasket and the rest of the models, perhaps Ulf @65dartcharger will chime in. He’s done lots of research. Glass is all the same though.

For specific differences between the convertible gasket and the rest of the models, perhaps Ulf @65dartcharger will chime in. He’s done lots of research. Glass is all the same though.
Yes, this is an area where there is two different windshield gasket.
A-body convertibles has a rubber gasket that is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch higher then on a sedan or hardtop. The reason is to cover the frame and meet the upper stainless steel mouldings. These gaslets are not being reproduced what I know of.

Wagons, hardtop and sedans all have the same gasket. These gaskets are being reproduced.

If you get a repopped gasket for a convertible you need to fill the area between the gasket and the mouldings otherwise you will see the windshield frame. I can get a picture of how it lools next week.

Yes, this is an area where there is two different windshield gasket.
A-body convertibles has a rubber gasket that is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch higher then on a sedan or hardtop. The reason is to cover the frame and meet the upper stainless steel mouldings. These gaslets are not being reproduced what I know of.

Wagons, hardtop and sedans all have the same gasket. These gaskets are being reproduced.

If you get a repopped gasket for a convertible you need to fill the area between the gasket and the mouldings otherwise you will see the windshield frame. I can get a picture of how it lools next week.
Thanks!

is it possible to install the windshield and the gasket is too low? one side of my car it looks lower than the other. If so what is the fix? can I ajust?

What Ulf said. The convertible gasket is not reproduced. Mine is inaccessible right now for a photo but all you see is a dark line above the gasket between it and the chrome trim. Paint the frame black on the top edge to make it not noticeable. A light car you would see a strip of body color between the gasket and chrome. There are photos and a discussion in my thread somewhere.

1963 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible for the Wife

-
Back