Windshield Trim

-

ckj688

Reaction score
Took a quick look and didn't find any posts about it, so if there is PLEASE link me! What I want to know is whats the best/most harmless method of removing the windshield trim, I was just poking at it yesterday and figured before I pry on anything too hard to ask for some advice first! Anything is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig

Method I use is a large screw driver covered in tape to avoid damage. That and tons of patience and care. It takes concentration for this task.

Method I use is a large screw driver covered in tape to avoid damage. That and tons of patience and care. It takes concentration for this task.

That is what I did. But I used two screw drivers. One to hold the trim back and the other to undo the clip.

KD2038. About $10 at a parts store. Maybe a bit more from a tool truck but worth it. I just used one to remove a buddy's trim on a 70 Coronet he was scrapping.

Attachments

• KDT-2038.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 142
The right tool ( as shown above ) and like everything else, practice. I've seen experienced body men remove all of windshield trim in less than a minute. With the right angle on the tool, drag along fairly quickly and clips would pop/release like buttons on a blouse. I've hit it just right only once, along the top. I don't recall what car that was.

-
Back