Winter changes on the AMX. Are you going to make any changes on your race car?

-
I’m stilling thinking about it. Got a couple of quotes for a new carb. If I decide to do it, I’ll go with a new carb so I would have both setups to run at anytime.
Yep, that's a good plan. I do like the price of the e85 also

4.75 at the pump 15 minutes from my house and right next to the dyno I go to…. Race gas is $14.99 a gallon and 40 minutes away.
Yeah, that convenience factor is pretty important since I'm guessing your tow pig (lol) gets 5 gallons per mile

4.75 at the pump 15 minutes from my house and right next to the dyno I go to…. Race gas is $14.99 a gallon and 40 minutes away.
I don't have any idea if anyone has that at a pump near me but I think I can get anything at co-energy in 55 gal drums...but drums are all the way out of my negative budget lol

Well I hopefully am going to apply what I have learned and upgrade the heads that I did back in 2008 on my black duster. I have 1-2 customers that want heads with 2.08 valves this winter so that will force me to finish the set I started for mine. I can’t have customers running better heads than I’m running. In exchange for labor I may get a more aggressive piston for my 422 since I have to balance the new Molnar assembly anyway. My duster needs bodywork real bad, and rewired, and I want to tie the line lock into the transbrake. I hope to freshen the powerglide and pull the cover on the Dana since the 4:88 gears are at least 18 years old. Man I hope I have enough time to do half of this. Lol

Well I hopefully am going to apply what I have learned and upgrade the heads that I did back in 2008 on my black duster. I have 1-2 customers that want heads with 2.08 valves this winter so that will force me to finish the set I started for mine. I can’t have customers running better heads than I’m running. In exchange for labor I may get a more aggressive piston for my 422 since I have to balance the new Molnar assembly anyway. My duster needs bodywork real bad, and rewired, and I want to tie the line lock into the transbrake. I hope to freshen the powerglide and pull the cover on the Dana since the 4:88 gears are at least 18 years old. Man I hope I have enough time to do half of this. Lol
You have enough time John, your experience will push you & atleast you aren't staring at a shell with nothing done and 4 months before racing season. Or having to wear a dress if your car loses to Bill & Fred lol

You have enough time John, your experience will push you & atleast you aren't staring at a shell with nothing done and 4 months before racing season. Or having to wear a dress if your car loses to Bill & Fred lol
Oh my God I can’t wait! lol

Only changes for me this winter is probably switch from 112 octane to e85. $4 a gallon versus $14 a gallon is the reason.... l
Probably a good decision. If you are bracket racing using pump E85 make sure that you get a tester. Who's cab are you going to use?

Probably a good decision. If you are bracket racing using pump E85 make sure that you get a tester. Who's cab are you going to use?
Got a tester and I always test at the pump before I fill my jugs. So far the fuel has tested 83-85% every time. In Washington State, it is a state law that the fuel is a certain percentage of the rating which really helps ensure we are getting good fuel. Problem is, that drives the price up to about what Premium (92 octane) sells for.

As for carb, I haven't decided yet but the 2 I got quotes on are from Thumper and Pro Systems.

Got a tester and I always test at the pump before I fill my jugs. So far the fuel has tested 83-85% every time. In Washington State, it is a state law that the fuel is a certain percentage of the rating which really helps ensure we are getting good fuel. Problem is, that drives the price up to about what Premium (92 octane) sells for.

As for carb, I haven't decided yet but the 2 I got quotes on are from Thumper and Pro Systems.

Thumper is doing E85 carbs now. Are you sure.

As for carb, I haven't decided yet but the 2 I got quotes on are from Thumper and Pro System
I have two pro systems carbs and am happy with both of them. A guy named Mark Sullens Builds the best E85 carbs.

I buy my E85 from Forged Fuels. 4 bucks a gallon. I run a Horsepower Innovations carb. Do lots of research. When I bought mine Mark Sullens E85 and Horsepower Innovations seem to be up top for custom carbs. There's a handful of decent builders now. I haven't heard much good about Pro Systems for E85 but I also have zero experience myself with them.

I have two pro systems carbs and am happy with both of them. A guy named Mark Sullens Builds the best E85 carbs.
Mark and pro systems had a beef back in the day…. Not sure if they kissed and made up yet or not. lol

I buy my E85 from Forged Fuels. 4 bucks a gallon. I run a Horsepower Innovations carb. Do lots of research. When I bought mine Mark Sullens E85 and Horsepower Innovations seem to be up top for custom carbs. There's a handful of decent builders now. I haven't heard much good about Pro Systems for E85 but I also have zero experience myself with them.
Pro systems claims to own a couple of e85 records. I’m not saying this will sway me to buy their carb, just stating that they must know a thing or 2 about e85 carbs.

Last edited:
Pro systems claims to own a couple of e85 records. I’m not saying this will sway me to buy their carb, just stating that they must know a thing or 2 about e85 carbs.
They might. I'm not sure. Just following the Internet banter there's a few better options for E85 I hear. Mark Sullens, Horsepower Innovations, ATM and I think CSU may have been another I've heard good things.

-
Back