Winter changes on the AMX. Are you going to make any changes on your race car?

-
They might. I'm not sure. Just following the Internet banter there's a few better options for E85 I hear. Mark Sullens, Horsepower Innovations, ATM and I think CSU may have been another I've heard good things.
Yeah, I hear you. Haven't decided on who to go with for a carb, much less if I am even going to make the switch. Still researching it myself and will decide on who to go with when the time comes.

Well he gave me a quote…. lol
I have a Pro Systems gas and a Pro Systems alcohol carb. They are both great carbs. But I know SEVERAL guys using E85 on the street and braket racing them. I have ridden in a couple of them on the street. Mark Sullen's E85 carbs run flawlessly he has got the E85 fuel curve down. I'm not downing anyone else's products and I don't own any of Mark Sullen's products. But there's hundreds of people running around with his E85 carbs and singing his praises .

I have a Pro Systems gas and a Pro Systems alcohol carb. They are both great carbs. But I know SEVERAL guys using E85 on the street and braket racing them. I have ridden in a couple of them on the street. Mark Sullen's E85 carbs run flawlessly he has got the E85 fuel curve down. I'm not downing anyone else's products and I don't own any of Mark Sullen's products. But there's hundreds of people running around with his E85 carbs and singing his praises .
I don't have any issues with my HPI carb but I would like to try one of Mark's carbs someday.

Tvt do you run your car with the flat hood or aero scoop? Notice any difference in et?

Trying some home-built bigger carbs on the new motor and upgrading the PG for more HP.

SunkAltEtc.JPG

BLPpf1050an.JPG

Boosted, before you buy an E85 carb, get ahold of William Baldwin at Baldwin Carbs And Mark Whitner at Lightning Carbs.

And if you chose Baldwin, send him your distributor. He will put the correct curve in it.

Whitner makes his own boosters and they are top notch.

I would stay as far away from Patrick James as you can. You can’t say you haven’t been warned.

Tvt do you run your car with the flat hood or aero scoop? Notice any difference in et?
I don't like the the flat hood. It's quicker with the aero hood, because it's lighter. The flat hood is a bolt on street weight hood. The aero hood is race weight .

I don't like the the flat hood. It's quicker with the aero hood, because it's lighter. The flat hood is a bolt on street weight hood. The aero hood is race weight .
Is the aero hood sealed? How much faster is it

I also have a gas pro system and a e85 carb.Gas carb is great and couldn't ask for a better carb.
The e85 carb...well still a work in progress.It doesn't want to leave below 2700 rpms
My son bought a quick fuel 750 e85 two years ago and after changing to blue pump cams it has been flawless.
E85 is around 3 dollars in md and we just fill some drums in the summer months.It test 87 in the summer and 83 in the winter where I buy it.
We are bracket racers so the cost is great,we run cooler temps and it's consistent.

Boosted, before you buy an E85 carb, get ahold of William Baldwin at Baldwin Carbs And Mark Whitner at Lightning Carbs.

And if you chose Baldwin, send him your distributor. He will put the correct curve in it.

Whitner makes his own boosters and they are top notch.

I would stay as far away from Patrick James as you can. You can’t say you haven’t been warned.
Did the research and decided I am going to wait until after I run the car with the current setup before making a switch. I will definitely reach out to a few more carb tuners before doing anything.

Thanks, Bill

Did the research and decided I am going to wait until after I run the car with the current setup before making a switch. I will definitely reach out to a few more carb tuners before doing anything.

Thanks, Bill

And why wouldn’t you. You said it feels good and it’s good info for your records and cost nothing since it’s already done.

And why wouldn’t you. You said it feels good and it’s good info for your records and cost nothing since it’s already done.
Why wouldn’t I? Because I’ve been known to be a dumbass but friends like you have knocked some sense into me lately…, lol

My son and I are both .10 to .12 faster in the 1/8 mile on e85 verses race gas.both are around 6.40's to 6.60's cars

My son and I are both .10 to .12 faster in the 1/8 mile on e85 verses race gas.both are around 6.40's to 6.60's cars
It's makes some torque that's for sure. With some more time I think we could have made more power than the "spot on" gas carb the shop tried when we dynoed. E85 made more average torque and horsepower.

Well he gave me a quote…. lol
I highly recommend Thumper. He built a 1050 dominator for the 72 Dart that I had previous, he prepped the dual 850s currently on my Arrow, and I also had him build a billet 1050 dominator for my Arrow in case I want to switch over to a single carb setup. He's a great guy and extremely easy to work with.

I highly recommend Thumper. He built a 1050 dominator for the 72 Dart that I had previous, he prepped the dual 850s currently on my Arrow, and I also had him build a billet 1050 dominator for my Arrow in case I want to switch over to a single carb setup. He's a great guy and extremely easy to work with.
I'm running a Thumper 4150 right now that is awesome which is why he was the first person I called to discuss building an e85 carb. Doesn't hurt to check out the competition though.... lol

71813500452__B540CC40-B7A5-4F7F-99C6-95DC8AFBCDEE.jpeg

I follow thumper on Facebook and I’ve missed every single one of his E85 posts. I know for the longest time he wouldn’t touch them so I’m shocked to hear he changed his mind.

-
Back