Winter transmission builds

-
If you’re already set up for the glide, no sense in going to the 727 in my opinion especially in a light car. If the car was heavy and you wanted to leave harder that’s a different story. But I wouldn’t change it in your case.
you hit the nail on the head. The Arrow launches like a pro stock car, not as high launch RPM as they use, but fast, straight and with the front wheels just barely coming off the track surface. But I launch at a relatively low RPM and let the converter do its work. No point in stressing parts and pieces if you don't have to.

I run a glide in my Arrow only because that's what came in the car when I bought it. Also was given a complete spare glide and torque converter in the deal. Took some getting use to after running TFs for years. I've only had one issue with the glide so far and that was due to a faulty TB solenoid that would engage intermittently and took out the band. Simple fix and it's been working fine ever since. The 727 in the 72 Dart I had previous, once it got built correctly ( a story of it's own!) hit like gang busters and was reliable. Would I consider going back to a TF in the Arrow? Perhaps, but right now don't see the need to do so.
A small light car is perfect for a glide.

-
Back