Winter transmission builds

-
Hey how much is Dan asking for his powerglide. @-Boosted- is looking for powerglide pricing

We were trying to sell that powerglide for $1500. It’s got a good stock 1.76 gear set. Stock input shaft. Stock front drum, 5 clutch setup with new clutches and steels. Good stock band. Heavy duty band adjuster. Billet hub. Billet dual ring servo and billet servo cover. Forward manual valve body (non trans brake). Teflon sealing rings. Deep aluminum pan. Modified front pump.

We were trying to sell that powerglide for $1500. It’s got a good stock 1.76 gear set. Stock input shaft. Stock front drum, 5 clutch setup with new clutches and steels. Good stock band. Heavy duty band adjuster. Billet hub. Billet dual ring servo and billet servo cover. Forward manual valve body (non trans brake). Teflon sealing rings. Deep aluminum pan. Modified front pump.

Didn’t someone have an aftermarket case for sale too.

The glide that you’re selling, is the Bell housing cut off? Do you have a small block Mopar bell housing for sale?

It’s still got the original Chevy bell housing. I’d be willing to cut it off and install a small block mopar bell or big block mopar bell if someone wanted to buy it that way.

It’s still got the original Chevy bell housing. I’d be willing to cut it off and install a small block mopar bell or big block mopar bell if someone wanted to buy it that way.
I would be very interested if you did that. I would also want the VB swapped for one with brake. Feel free to message me a quote to get all this done. I have another transmission that I am looking at in Florida that is ready to go minus the bell mod.

Got some better photos of a 727 we finished up last night for my partners car. Wanted to get more photos after putting the gear train assembly into the case and tail shaft housing on, but hands were getting dirty and picking up the phone was put on back burner.

We disassembled the trans because his engine was being rebuilt so why not. This trans saw some weird issues that I am still scratching my head at. The bushing in the front pump support (stator support/reaction shaft support) had backed out of the pump support, burying itself into the input hub. When this happened, end play was lost, and it either restricted the flow of the fluid to the rear clutch, or caused the sealing rings on the input shaft to not fully seal, in turn, causing the rear clutch to have burnt clutches. Either way, I can’t explain how or why it happened, just that it was an issue we have never heard of or experienced. New modified front pump support, billet dual ring dual spring front servo, Kevlar low/reverse band (replacing stock band), and Teflon rings installed. The rest of the trans was already as bulletproof as it can get, so just some small changes so we leave nothing on the table.

Moving onto a powerglide for @-Boosted-.

Racing season is rapidly approaching.

54569E6B-BF39-4399-81B4-5B0420339ACC.jpeg

9C34F645-594B-4C81-A7DE-62A52E891C10.jpeg

7599A37B-AAFA-446A-AC98-385065505E1C.jpeg

48394EA8-F360-48FD-BA61-0CAEF717A6CC.jpeg

4F7FE81F-B7AF-4A10-81D8-F22DB3928CA8.jpeg

B9CB9C4C-17E6-402A-83BD-26A3348C70D6.jpeg

CFEC17F2-8D2D-43C1-A36E-750374A4DD97.jpeg

F3495A73-D15B-4DF9-AF03-2EDFB9731516.jpeg

A9872554-2F52-4553-BF79-08820B4FA537.jpeg

0C592E36-9BA5-427B-AA15-D1AC2E0973FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oldman Tim does some nice work. I tried to get him to join this site but he has trouble remembering passwords. lol.

Hahah. He does log on though and read stuff on this site quite often.

He does real nice work. I am not that smart so I have to steal stuff like the paper towel on assembly bench trick and it sure makes life easier.

Hahah. He does log on though and read stuff on this site quite often.

He does real nice work. I am not that smart so I have to steal stuff like the paper towel on assembly bench trick and it sure makes life easier.
I prefer to use blue painters tape since it matches better and doesn't leave as much residue.... :lol:

@-Boosted-

Did the initial cut on the case last weekend to prep for the JW Ultra Bell. The bell housing showed up Saturday. Going to get the case milled this week and finish fitment of the bell. Then it’ll be time to clean and assemble.

F5AD1224-2CA7-472A-BAF4-E1725CE9D7C6.jpeg

0BE6F98B-48E4-47C3-A84C-7E5A4C3FD7BE.jpeg

How much are the bellhousings now. I’m guessing he’s getting the flywheel and adaptor out there.

$630 pro shop, plus tax

If you get it from JW it’s $674 plus tax and shipping

Yes he’s going to get that out at his place.

I also upgraded his stock input shaft to a TSI 4340 forged input shaft with turbo splines, and putting sonnax pump gears in it. It’ll be a good unit for sure.

How much are the bellhousings now. I’m guessing he’s getting the flywheel and adaptor out there.
I don't know anything about a flywheel and adaptor.... lol

I was hoping I could order a converter that would work with my existing flexplate. Is that not possible?

$630 pro shop, plus tax

If you get it from JW it’s $674 plus tax and shipping

Yes he’s going to get that out at his place.

I also upgraded his stock input shaft to a TSI 4340 forged input shaft with turbo splines, and putting sonnax pump gears in it. It’ll be a good unit for sure.
I need to show you how to get no tax and pro shop discount. I love ordering from Summit now.... lol

Lame, converter companies need to get with the program! lol

So what do I need then? Just an adapter or do I need a different flexplate too? I'm assuming the adaptor will have the ring gear attached or is that separate as well?

-
Back