Winters Racing shifter VS B&M Quick Silver VS Hurst Promatic 2

-

H_Mill16

Reaction score
Howdy guys. I'm new on this forum thing so forgive me if I'm terrible, but I have a question. So I used to have a 67' Dart with a Hurst promatic shifter. I never really liked it and I think it wasn't adjusted properly but I couldn't get under the car due to full Hotchkis suspension. So it was left that way. I had the double hit it to make it do in 3rd. At high rpms it would jump from 3rd to Neutral. Not good. So now I have a 68' Dart with a console, and I want a winters racing shifter, but I don't want to cut apart my console without seeing someone else have done it. So if you have picture please post. If I can't get a gated shifter then I will get either another pro matic. OR a B&M Quick silver. I know both will fit in the console. I love the way the B&M pro stick feels in my Challenger drag car. It's really crisp, and direct. So what are your opinions? I like the looks of the hurst more, but I like function. Do you think it was just an old out of adjustment shifter or just the way it was made? The B&M was tight. The old hurst was a little sloppy. Thanks for your replies.

I THINK the Winters and Cheetah are in effect copies of each other. From what I've read, the Winters came first, so to speak. They are fairly large, compared to BM. I've no plans to integrate one in a console----mine was a console car, and may not ever be re-installed--

The Promatics seem to always need lubed to work right.
(mine does anyway)

About once a month I have to shoot it with a graphite spray that I use for stuff like that, or it doesn't catch the cog for the third gear manual upshift on the first try. (does on the second attempt like you said)
I have NEVER had any issues where it moved itself from one position/gear to another though.

Personally I think you would be a lot happier with one of the others like you are already seeming to be leaning towards.

Does your hurst shift slowly? hesitation? I want a 4-Speed, but its hard finding one. So im dealing with an automatic. i just want something that shifts fast. Thanks for your reply.

-
Back