wiper linkage arm fitment

-
I figure it probably cost more, and I'm not sure they still have them, but, in the past, I just got them from the dealer. I never broke one or had much of a problem installing them with the assembly out of the car (or truck). Boiling them might make it easier, but, then you lose the factory grease and have to dry and re-grease it. Just remember to install the bushing in the correct direction. They're a real pain to get back out of the arm without destroying them, if you install them backwards.

It’s a tight fit so it will take effort. It’s best to put it on the stud first before slipping the top of it on the top rod.

I've found it better to install the plastic cups in the linkage first, then snap them on the posts.

update-i decided to remove complete wiper linkage assembly and bench fit all 4 plastic bushings.
so i removed drivers seat to make room.took both wipers off using a a small flat head screwdriver to push retaining clip up and with other hand i used some grips to pull the wiper up and off.under the dash with a good torch i removed both wiper pivot assemblies using a 1/2" spanner.each assembly has 2 retaining nuts.i then removed the single nut with a 3/8" socket and wrench that fixes the wiper motor arm ,removed arm and the full linkage assembly from under the dash,i got it out towards the centre of the dash where there was room.All the old bushings had cracked and two of them wasnt present and been replaced with washers and circlip(very bad sloppy,loose fit).Once i got the full assembly on bench i used an ebay picture of the mopar a body wiper linkage assembly 73-76 dart.This helped connect bushes and arms correctly.I soaked bushings in hot water for afew minutes and then pressed them in using my bench vice and socket(placed over bushing).I put a small hole in back of all 4 bushings and filled them with grease.pressed in easily in vice but would be even easier to have a mate helping to wind vice tight.no bushings broke and just check to make sure they are fitted to arms correctly,not twisted but square and flat .Just waiting for a set of seals and gaskets before i fit it back in my dash.Just thought id post how i did it and how easy it was once i removed seat and then took complete assembly out,took 90 mins total.itll probably be a pain in the *** getting it back in but ill let you know.Thanks very much for all the mopar help and advice,i would still be under dash swearing and buying more rum otherwise!!

Most important tip... Run the motor and ensure pivots are stopped at motors park position before installing the blades. You dont want the blades to go down across the hood. That has happened too many times.
If you can determine which way the pivots were originally mounted, the 2 bolts allow us to reinstall rotated 180 degrees. This will put the wear inside the pivots on less worn bushing surfaces. Even though the pivot post is about 3 inches long, inside are 2 bronze bushings only 1/2 inch long. They do wear one sided. I learned to mark the pivot housing before removing so I could reinstall rotated 180 degrees.

-
Back