wiper linkage felt washers

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am servicing my wiper linkage before I put my dash back in the Valiant. Each pivot point has 2 felt washers/ bushings, 6 total. Does anyone know where I can purchase these or has anyone used a substitute? Thanks in advance.

Keep these suppliers names handy. You will need them in the future.

Mike, those are pivot seals. Hes looking for the felt bushings. Our 67 has them also, would like to know as well.

Mike, those are pivot seals. Hes looking for the felt bushings. Our 67 has them also, would like to know as well.
Thing is, Not every owner is familiar with the pre 68 assembly. 67 and earlier have bronze bushings and felt washers in linkage instead of plastic bushings. In a earlier thread the felt washers were found to be generic. Google search found them in various sizes.
Link is for example only... https://www.amazon.com/Washer-Felt-...t=&hvlocphy=9010625&hvtargid=pla-815811112531
Measure for inside diameter and thickness you need.

DMT does not have them. I am going to give them the dimensions best as I can to what I have left. Mine are really worn. These are about the size of a penny and are made of felt material kinda like the pads you can put on furniture legs to keep from scuffing the floor. Very close to the link that RedFish posted. Thanks RedFish.

Have you checked Ace hardware in the plumbing section they have packets of all different washers and o-rings. You could even make your own if you could find a roll of the material, cut penny width slices like it were a sausage. I just pulled the linkage apart for this 65 Barracuda and they are very fragile. Let me know if you need pictures or dimensions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KZJIQ/?tag=joeychgo-20

1/8" thick, but squashes to .08 when tightened. Diamiter is .425"
Keeps the strap button from cracking the finish on the guitar.

They are approximately 3/8" (10mm). They fit vey nicely under most strap buttons & Strap Locks (Dunlop & Schaller) with a minimal of overhang. I use them on all my guitars now either as a new installation or replacement of the originals.

They are very small.Maybe 1/8 of an inch.

Last edited:
DMT does not have them. I am going to give them the dimensions best as I can to what I have left. Mine are really worn. These are about the size of a penny and are made of felt material kinda like the pads you can put on furniture legs to keep from scuffing the floor. Very close to the link that RedFish posted. Thanks RedFish.
I don't know if Jim @ DMT will make these items that are generic. Good luck though.

I don't know if Jim @ DMT will make these items that are generic. Good luck though.
Probably not. If I can find a suitable replacement I will pass the info onto him in case he wants to pursue it. These have lasted 55 years. Not a high dollar ticket item by far. I've got 2 other cars I will replace them on.

Alright, best measurements I can gather off of the felt washers that I have would be: O.D .687 x I.D .375 x .0625 thick. most likely a medium density wool material. They are white. I have passed this info onto Jim at DMT. I will continue to look for a generic substitute. .75 O.D would probably work as well.

-
Back