Wiper motor parts needed and it's Raining!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

My*65*Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
What I need is the large plastic gear that's inside a 1965 variable speed wiper motor or if someone has a motor that doesn't work I'll buy it for the gear. My Dart is my daily driver and it's been raining here for two days and no wipers!!! Drove my '87 dodge W-100 to work today and the main wiring harness caught on fire for some reason and burned up!!!!!:banghead: Needless to say I'm having a crappy day. Anyway if someone has the gear or a wiper motor that would be great. If it stops raining I'll be able to drive my Dart to work but I'd hate to get stuck if it starts to rain. Thanks.

Here's a few shots of the motor. I think it says "Prestolite" on it but it's hard to read.

Attachments

• 458.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 459.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 123
If you get that gear clean enough super glue might hold it together until a replacement arrives. Just a thought. Good luck

I was going to try to glue it but the teeth are chewed up and missing at each end of the break so I didn't try it. Figured it would jam up again. They're saying no rain for today so I'm driving her to work.

Here's a thought, Since those nylon gears were a commonly serviced part, Check with a dealership parts dept'. If they cant find it in old stock they might at least provide the interchange info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back