Wiper pivot plastic clips

-

69dartwant

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get the plastic 4 prong clips that hold the wiper linkage to the pivots under the dashboard for a 1970 Dart? Thank you in advance!

Believe it or not look in the help section of the parts stores, I needed one and found it there at Auto Zone.

Help section at any parts store should have these. Sometimes you have to buy a mix pack to get what you need but they are cheap either way.

yep ,the "HELP!" brand at Advance Auto,Auto Zone and O'Reillys Auto chains carry them I'm betting NAPA carrys them also

Referred to as dorman. Assortment.

Dorman P/N 49440
click on the link above. Are you coming to Mopar Nats? If so let me know, I'll give you 3 of them.
If you have to buy them, pick up a little packet of dielectric grease and put a little dab in each of the sockets.

Good call, dielectric grease is great for stuff like this. It wont dry out and is super slick.

thank you for the offer gunbunny {great name} I appreciate it. I won't be at the Nats {not that I don't want to be just started a new job and can't take time off, maybe next year. Going around the corner after writing this to check out an old junked '70 where I think I can get a couple of them. Once again though, thank you, 69dartwant!

thank you for the offer gunbunny {great name} I appreciate it. I won't be at the Nats {not that I don't want to be just started a new job and can't take time off, maybe next year. Going around the corner after writing this to check out an old junked '70 where I think I can get a couple of them. Once again though, thank you, 69dartwant!
You don't want to use old bushings. Especially if they've turned color. For no more than what the Dorman's cost, go buy yourself some and save yourself from having to redo the job. They cost $2.99 pr. at the Advance Auto up the street.
I would also highly recommend that you replace the wiper pivot seals while your up in there. That is something you may have to get from R/T, Vans or since your from Maine, I'd try Herbs Parts.
If your pivots aren't leaking, they soon will after you jostle those links on the pivots.

Oh no, dont use old ones. More than likely the old ones will break when you try to remove them anyways.

Put them in arm holes first.
Then squeeze them on the stud.
Put a pin hole in the top of them before you try and squeeze them on the stud.
It will prevent an airlock.

Thanks to everyone for your help! NAPA did NOT have them! O'Reilly's did NOT have them. But RT Specialties does carry them for anyone who would like to know!

-
Back