Wiper Seal

-
Even if you do the wiper pivot seal kit from Schumacher, don't be surprised when you still have water on the floor. Many times the wiper pivots get blamed for all the water coming into the interior and more often than not the primary contributor turns out to be something else. The real fix can be as simple as dropping the fresh air boxes and removing a build up of pine needles from the plenum floor, but you might find yourself attempting to seam seal the plenum box or pulling the windshield because you can't get to the leaks caused by the factory sealing mastic falling out of the holes under the windshield locating tabs any other way.
Some really good FABO threads on the subject if you do a search.

I know that they themselves are leaking. At least, I think. I reached up into the glove box and could feel that the bottom sides were wet. However, it is a whole lot of water coming through, so it could be more than that. I know my door seals were also contributing to the problem. I tried searching "drop fresh air box" but I couldn't find anything helpful really. Do you have any suggestions on threads to search for? I want to check all of this and get it figured out while I've got it apart.

change them both while your in there...

don't know if you saw this thread
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=35796&highlight=wiper+arm+seal

when i did mine i used some stiff wire to roto-router the drain hole on the ends of the cowl while i washed it out with water. took out 1/2 a pound of crap that i couldn't even see from above

good luck :glasses7:

Thanks! I need any information and help I can get. I think it has been proved more than once over the course of my build that I have no idea what I'm doing.

There's no way of doing this without completely removing my entire dash, is there?

Thanks! I need any information and help I can get. I think it has been proved more than once over the course of my build that I have no idea what I'm doing.

There's no way of doing this without completely removing my entire dash, is there?
pull the instrument cluster and radio. use the service manual if you've never done it before. lots of good info there. for the pivot bushings, lube them up with some white lith or wheel bearing grease. i use small C-clamps to squeeze the arms back together. you might want to mark which one connects to which before pulling them too

good luck

pull the instrument cluster and radio. use the service manual if you've never done it before. lots of good info there. for the pivot bushings, lube them up with some white lith or wheel bearing grease. i use small C-clamps to squeeze the arms back together. you might want to mark which one connects to which before pulling them too

good luck

Thank you. I'll keep you guys updated.

Quoted myself from a earlier thread
I'm going to add a little something to the info in this thread. The 2 bronze bushings in the wiper pivots are worn at and angle due to the to the one sided force of the pivot shaft and just 180 degree rotation. So... before removing the wiper pivots from the cowl, mark the bottom of each pivot housing. When reinstalling, rotate the housing so your mark is located at the top. This puts the force loads against sides of the bushings that have seen very little wear. Result is smoother quieter wiper movement.

-
Back