-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Im in need of a bushing for the wiper motor to transmission arm. I have a 67 Dart but motor and trans arm are out of a 73 Dart with a 2 speed wiper motor. Cars gettin close and will neeed this to get it on the road. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 023.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 021.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 229
Yep, you need the plastic cup style like this, and I got mine in a multi pack of different styles with two of those in it for a few bucks at Autozone on the help wall.
Do yourself a favor, poke a pinhole in the back of the cup and put a little grease in it before you pop it on there.
If you use too much grease you need to press it down on the pin till the extra comes out the pinhole so the little ridge inside the bushing seats in that slot cut around the pin.

Attachments

• wiperbushings.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 247
Yep, you need the plastic cup style like this, and I got mine in a multi pack of different styles with two of those in it for a few bucks at Autozone on the help wall.
Do yourself a favor, poke a pinhole in the back of the cup and put a little grease in it before you pop it on there.
If you use too much grease you need to press it down on the pin till the extra comes out the pinhole so the little ridge inside the bushing seats in that slot cut around the pin.

Those won't work on the motor. Need the larger plastic bushing with the 3 tabs and a slip on washer clip.

Those won't work on the motor. Need the larger plastic bushing with the 3 tabs and a slip on washer clip.

If he replaced it with a 73 motor and arms then it the bushing I posted.
I'm pretty sure about that and it looks exactly like my 73 hardware, motor arm post and all.

the mount to the motor is not like these bushings?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 270
the mount to the motor is not like these bushings?

Not on a 73 wiper motor and arms.
The one you posted does not have the little slot in the arm.
The arms with the slot like his has take the bushing I posted the picture of, and is exactly like the bushings my 73 has. (even on the motor end)

You can get those at any good auto part store. A whole pack is like $6.

I'm agreeing with the posts above ^^^

The picture below of the arm on the right is the one that takes the bushing with the 3 tabs & washer.

Nite Moves arm looks like the one on the left...

Attachments

• Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 204
OPs pic looks same as my 75. Uses bushing TrailBeast said. Need 4 of them. I got them in 10 pac from Summit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 133
NAPA also has them in packs of two. Soak them in very hot water for a couple of minutes first so they soften up a bit. Much easier to install.

I just replaced all 4 on my Duster , cost $3.15 each from our local Dodge parts.
If your going to replace all of them pull the linkage arms right out from under the dash , way easier to get them in the ends of the arms on a bench.
You can finish pressing them onto the pins with a pair of channel lock pliers .

The part number for the one WITHOUT the hole is 3799089. They fit a whole bunch of vehicles from 1970's -1980's trucks, early minivans and more. The part number with the hole is 5211015. Prices will vary depending which dealership you go to. There's no sense wasting your time going to a parts store to find the right size out of a bunch of universal pieces when you can get the real thing.

I'm agreeing with the posts above ^^^

The picture below of the arm on the right is the one that takes the bushing with the 3 tabs & washer.

Nite Moves arm looks like the one on the left...

Yes, that's the one I had in my Dart and found out it wasn't working even with the bushing from VDart,,,,,,,I ended up getting the one out of the parts car I got the wiper motor out of...the one with the notch. Of course all there except the bushing:banghead:thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back