Wiper wiring

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
I'm replacing my wiper switch with a push button switch. I know that will only give me one speed but that's fine with me. I dont drive the car in the rain as it is but still want a wiper just in case. So heres my what I need help with. It's a 2 speed motor and need help with what spade is for high, low, and ground? Is the park feature part of motor or is it part of the switch? If it's part of the motor how do I wire it so I dont have to play the on off game. 72 demon

Last edited:
Service manuals and aftermarket wiring diagrams are free for download at MyMopar

And ALWAYS post what year make and model you are asking about.

My 67 Plymouth came with push to electric wash type switch. The bottle and electric pump are long gone. A scotch lock outside the bulkhead connector connecting 2 wires gets me a intermittent type function. One push gets one sweep and right back to parked. That's temporary switch operation. Same 2 wires attached to a one off toggle switch would cause continuous run and proper park at off. Maybe I would need to hide my properly connected wiper switch behind the dash somewhere. Without knowing what system you have...

My 67 Plymouth came with push to electric wash type switch. The bottle and electric pump are long gone. A scotch lock outside the bulkhead connector connecting 2 wires gets me a intermittent type function. One push gets one sweep and right back to parked. That's temporary switch operation. Same 2 wires attached to a one off toggle switch would cause continuous run and proper park at off. Maybe I would need to hide my properly connected wiper switch behind the dash somewhere. Without knowing what system you have...
What I'm doing is replacing my old wiper motor with a new one. But I'm also going to be using an autec8 wiper module to allow me to use both speeds of the motor with a non locking push button. To wire the autec8 up I just need to know what the 4 pins are on the motor. Since my wipe wiring has been completely ripped out I have no clue what pin is for what function. On a 72 demom

What I'm doing is replacing my old wiper motor with a new one. But I'm also going to be using an autec8 wiper module to allow me to use both speeds of the motor with a non locking push button. To wire the autec8 up I just need to know what the 4 pins are on the motor. Since my wipe wiring has been completely ripped out I have no clue what pin is for what function. On a 72 demom

Did you look up the service manual I posted earlier? The wiring is in there

Now it's YOUR turn. How about posting up how you did this with the device you are using? (The intermittent module or whatever it "is"

Now it's YOUR turn. How about posting up how you did this with the device you are using? (The intermittent module or whatever it "is"
The autec8 is the module that will control the wiper motor with a momentary push button switch. Press the button for 1 sec is low. Press again 1 sec is off. For high is the same steps but you hold it for 3 sec. The hard part will be to wire the led in the switch to light up while in use. So I'm planning on wiring the led with the high low and use diodes on both the high and low power wires. The diode should keep the high and low Separate so one dont trigger the other.

Hey All, I have run into a snag and am hoping to borrow your expertise. My wipers work at high speed, but do not work at low speed. This probably a dumb question, but it if you look at the diagram I have included, it looks like 2 prongs should be connected to the same wire (V6-18DBL), do you think the fact the they aren't connected is causing me the issue?

IMG_5337.jpg

One thing you need to do (if you have not) is get into the text of the wiper section in that section 8. That section has testing procedures and charts showing what happen in the various motor /switch combos. Unfortunately I don't have a complete 3 speed system to "dissect"

"Used to be" the "Passion for Mopars" site had some good wiper electrical info. There have been posts they are no longer dependable, It don't know what the issues are there.

Hey All, I have run into a snag and am hoping to borrow your expertise. My wipers work at high speed, but do not work at low speed. This probably a dumb question, but it if you look at the diagram I have included, it looks like 2 prongs should be connected to the same wire (V6-18DBL), do you think the fact the they aren't connected is causing me the issue?

View attachment 1715539741
I dont know what model, motor, or where your resistor is. What I would suggest
verify what is switched 12 volts in. In most examples, the unused terminal is simply a power take off. This terminal was used by the factory in early models factory wiring and remained for cb radio/whatever accessory use when no longer used in factory wiring. The diagonal line draw on the diagram may be a link inside inside the switch. Test lamp or ohm meter would verify this also.

-
Back