Wipers & 4 Speed Reverse Lights

-

matthon

Reaction score
Why the heck are the reverse lights and the wiper switch conjoined twins?
When the reverse lights don't work, the wipers do not work. With the car in reverse, if I turn the wipers on and off until they work the reverse lights come on, or if I mess with the shifter the wipers come on. If the wipers go off, the lights go off, and vise-versa.
The wiper switch clicks as the wipers and lights try to come on.

New wiper and reverse switch, I grounded the rear lights, new wiring, new, new, new. Saved the old stuff and tried that again. I followed the wiring diagram, and everything is wired correctly.

Do those smarter than me change the wiring?

First, Al, it would be "pretty damn handy" if you were to give us some clue as to what you are working on

AlBundyDodge.jpg

a bit of the old "year, make and model," thank you very much

A-Clockwork-Orange-1971.jpg

ran into that as well and wondered why they would do that didnt make much sense why they ran the reverse lights through the wiper. Must be some switch/relay inside the switch

Ok, its a 67 Barracuda, and if there is a relay for the reverse lights in the wiper switch, is there any way to bypass it? Has anyone ever hooked up a separate relay for the reverse lights?
This has to have come up before, and someone smarter than me addressed it, the right way

-
Back