Wipers constantly skipping

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I've had this problem for years now. Unless it's raining pretty hard out, my wipers will skip on the way up. The windshield has to be really wet for them not to. It makes driving in normal rain annoying because I either have to manually turn the switch every once in a while or just listen to them beating across my windshield the entire time.

I've tried different blade types, I've cleaned the brushes in the motor, I've greased the linkages under the dash and I've replaced the wiper bushings. None of them have had any effect on this problem at all. When the wipers are going I can feel them kind of pulsing through the gas pedal. Is this normal on your guys cars? I can't tell if it's because the linkages are binding or what.

Give the windshield a thorough cleaning with detergent and rinse it thoroughly. My bet is that the glass has a coating of car wash soap on it. Please let us know what the outcome is.

Also, check to make sure your blades are a true 90 degrees from the glass.

If they are laid over to one side, they will chatter and skip on semi wet glass. Just like a squegee run the wrong way.

check the springs on the back of the wiper arms to make sure its holding it tight to the windshield and not rusted so it can move freely inward and outward from the windsheild

Thanks for the tips guys. I know the glass is clean so I'll check the wiper angles and the springs.

First off, feeling the wyoers running in the pedals or floor is a new one on me.
""Had this problem for years"" Is it better or worse today ? What car are we talking about ? Seen any other conditions in this car that suggest low system voltage ?

-
Back