Wire Harness advice/help

-
That's a big chunk of change to drop on a harness if you've already got one. Can yours be repaired with donor parts from another harness?

it is a lot, I think mine may be okay, but it has sat in a box for 4 years now, so I am just worried it may have gotten damaged over the years...

it is a lot, I think mine may be okay, but it has sat in a box for 4 years now, so I am just worried it may have gotten damaged over the years...

I'd put a LOT more faith in the original harness than I would anything that has been likely sourced out from Chinese suppliers. Yes, I know the harnesses are assembled here in this country, but where did the wire and the various plugs and connectors come from. Look yours over, and if you don't see any obvious issues just plug it in and go.

That sure is a more affordable route... And I can get back to it sooner, maybe I will go that route unless I see something obviously vey wrong with the original harness.

Well, let me know if you need any parts to repair yours. I have several parts harnesses on the shelf and can probably hook you up with whatever you may need.

I am looking for easiest way to replace my under dash wire harness and found the one in the link below.

Does this one need anything other than just plugging in? I cannot compare the pic to the actual very well, and wanted to know if others bought this one and how did it go?

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/a-body-dart-1963-76/parts/ma2314.html
thanks in advance!

that's a M&H harness.. best stock style one on the market today. as long as its correct for you application it should be plug and play.

look over your stock one first though. what could get damaged sitting in a box?

that's a M&H harness.. best stock style one on the market today. as long as its correct for you application it should be plug and play.

look over your stock one first though. what could get damaged sitting in a box?

That Harness is the best available IMO and worth the coin. If your harness looked like mine did, you would not hesitate. It is the base harness and does "not" include the accessory harness's for ignition lamp delay, Glove Box lamp, headlight buzzer Etc. So those seperate harness's would have to be re-used. Just having a clean new bulkhead connector should give you piece of mind.

As far as what could get damaged sitting in a box, I am only worried that if the wires are fairly brittle from the dry climate, they may crack or get disconnected in some fashion.

The harness is rather clean and I have a spare harness from a parts car, but it was pretty rusted since I picked it up when we were in Houston, so I may not get many parts of it.

All this being said, I will try reusing the original and hope for the best. I could certainly use the 500+ bucks elsewhere.

Get on Year Ones email list. They run special discounts now and then. I bought a rally under dash for my Demon over Christmas and I had a 25 or 30% off discount code. It knocked like 130$ off the price which IIRC made it around 380$. They usually run the deals around holidays, and I believe their prices are cheaper than that to begin with. If you decide to go new. Just checked same price, but like I said they email discount codes. Classic may as well. Wouldn't hurt to ask as they are a site sponsor.

I just got thru trying install trans cooler lines. I used one line, the other was obviously bent 180 off in couple spots. they gave me 50% credit, so now I have 1 new line and 1 50 years old. WOW, great customer service Classic Ind.

WOW! glad it wasn't a $500 wiring harness!???????????

In looking at the photo and the description, I do not see provisions in the harness for the radio dial light, ashtray light, A/C compressor clutch, and glove box light. Last year I harvested a harness from a salvage yard had all of those. In checking the 70 parts catalog, (oldest that I have) no distinction is made among those accessories. Distinction is made among body types, though I don't think that it should be an issue for the 67-69 Darts except the convertible.

It's a lot of coin for sure. Things to consider may include what's your peace of mind worth and what's your time worth to fully diagnose and rehab the existing harness.

In looking at the photo and the description, I do not see provisions in the harness for the radio dial light, ashtray light, A/C compressor clutch, and glove box light. Last year I harvested a harness from a salvage yard had all of those. In checking the 70 parts catalog, (oldest that I have) no distinction is made among those accessories. Distinction is made among body types, though I don't think that it should be an issue for the 67-69 Darts except the convertible.

It's a lot of coin for sure. Things to consider may include what's your peace of mind worth and what's your time worth to fully diagnose and rehab the existing harness.

The main harness, up until 1974 did not include any of those things. There are add on harnesses that cover the light package, and also Air Conditioning. None of those add on harnesses are available as reproductions.

The main harness, up until 1974 did not include any of those things. There are add on harnesses that cover the light package, and also Air Conditioning. None of those add on harnesses are available as reproductions.

That's interesting. My 72 includes the accessories listed and so does the ones in my 73 and the one I harvested from a 73.

That's interesting. My 72 includes the accessories listed and so does the ones in my 73 and the one I harvested from a 73.

Yes, they all come out as one piece, but if you look carefully, you'll see that the accessory light harness plugs into the back of the fuse box, and is taped along the length of the main harness. The A/C harness plugs into the back of the bulkhead connector with two blue wires, and is also taped along the main harness.
Those two circuits were not permanently incorporated into the main harness until 74.

-
Back