Wireing harness

-

dartman1965

Reaction score
I have a 65 dart with a V8 that needs a new engine harness.Is there anything out there
or do I get wire and terminals (correct terminals) and start fresh at the block.

I kind of wanted to keep it original thats why I was thinking going from the block and starting fresh.Thanks for the offer Dustin,I will definitely keep you in mind.

I totally re-wired the engine bay in my 65 Dart 273, using a newer relay/fuse box. You probably don't want that, but may give you some ideas. One idea is to use the alternator harness from a Magnum engine (Jeep GC, Dodge truck), as I did. It runs across the timing cover. That will bypass your dash ammeter, which many people want to do, though I kept mine active w/ a diode trick. See Modernized Engine Wiring . If you do get early A parts, get a 65 bulkhead only. 64 routed the large ALT and BAT wires thru regular terminals, which causes melting, plus those have fewer terminals. 66+ has a 3rd connector for the wipers.

I kind of wanted to keep it original thats why I was thinking going from the block and starting fresh.Thanks for the offer Dustin,I will definitely keep you in mind.
Dartman just a heads up that's somebody else's for sale ad not mine. Just saw it thought might help you out. Dustin

-
Back