Wiring Harness interchange

-
not sure. think the 74 would have more and some different plugs under there. you may be able to figure it out though

I was gonna use everything but the dash frame in my Duster since my car doesn't have a cluster or A/C controls. My car was completely gutted before I got it.

Yeah if you are using the 74 inst. panel,etc.. it should work. The heat/ac changed a few times over the years. I know the 74 has fan switch operation up and down, 72 may have been left and right. Thats not the only difference , just a recognize point. Are you installing the 74 heater case as well ?

Yeah my complete 74 Valiant parts car has everything and like I said my Duster was stripped so I was just gonna transfer everything to it. That will work right? I do have the 72 harness it just burnt and butchered.

The only difference I can think of is senders for warning lamps or gauges, and wipers. Wiper motors and switches changed too. 74 harness should get a 74 switch and motor. Those harness connecters may be the same but with wire locations switched around.

So I can just use the wiper motor and switch from the Valiant and I should be Ok Oh ya I am also gonna use the motor and trans from the Valiant

I think the firewall holes may be a different size...
C

Holes for what?
I think he was refering to the heater cases. Fan motor opening etc.. may need adjusting. Make a paper templete from the 74 if you can . Conpare and alter the 72 as needed.

Oh yeah both cars are factory a/c cars so will there still be a difference in the firewall?

No, I was confused. I was referring to the hole in the firewall where the engine bay harnesses connect to the cabin harnesses. IIRC, on my '72 there were two harnesses that connected; on my '75 parts car there were maybe three and the hole was a bit larger.
My mistake.
C

-
Back