wiring harness suggestions?

-

Bandius

Reaction score
Just fried some wiring going down the highway, from the firewall to an inline fuse that kills at least the lights and starter, looks like something is shorted when i try to put a patch piece of wire it blows apart...this is a stock 73 swinger with a 318 in it, does anyone happen to know where the cheapest wiring harness can be found? I dont need all the fancy crap, OM would be just fine with me but i dont want an old used one and I'm havin a hell of a time trying to find a basic affordable one. Any suggestions?

IMG_0164.jpg

Having the same problem with one of my cars. I went to the junk yard and snagged a harness out of a 73 1 ton dodge van and will make my own. The aftermarket OEM ones are pricey, you could post a add in the wanted section and see if anyone has a used one that's in decent shape... Good luck..

Try Kwik Wire. Phone # 920-921-2637 They should what you need. I did a complete wiring harness in my 68 Dart. Worked out great. No more worries about that old wiring.

I'm more inclined to find and fix the fault than replace the entire harness. If the fault is inside something like ignition switch, fuse box, headlight switch, you might fry a nice donor harness too.

Something cheap and new you might get what you pay for, I had some wiring problems
And went to the wrecking yard and pulled a bunch of colored wiring to make the repair.
Yesterday I scored dash and motor wiring harnesses for my 64 for free, good luck on your problem
Moe

Just fried some wiring going down the highway, from the firewall to an inline fuse that kills at least the lights and starter, looks like something is shorted when i try to put a patch piece of wire it blows apart...this is a stock 73 swinger with a 318 in it, does anyone happen to know where the cheapest wiring harness can be found? I dont need all the fancy crap, OM would be just fine with me but i dont want an old used one and I'm havin a hell of a time trying to find a basic affordable one. Any suggestions?

IMG_0164.jpg

if you want a friewall forward harness that is OEM style then call year one. theirs are the nicest ones out there. after market while not dirt cheap but a complete kit do do things the right way would be a the american auto wire highway 22.

if your going oem firewall forward you better find out what caused the short before installing and burning up a brand new harness.

-
Back