Wiring harnesses

-

BlistAbody

Reaction score
Hi y'all

I have a 70 Duster originally 318 that now has a 360 motor with electronic ignition. I need a new wiring harness for the motor cause the old one is all hacked and spliced. Was wondering if I order a 73 harness for the motor (since it had factory electronic ignition that year) if it would just plug right into the existing 70 dash harness and just work. Electrical stuff is not my strong point so any info or links would be great. Thanks!

Don't know the answer to your question, but converting from the stock 70 model wiring to electronic ignition is really simple. Mopar used to sell a kit to convert to electronic ignition that included everything including the mini wire harness for it.

No, Buy a 70 harness and install the electronic. All harnesses are different some harness have the wiper motor integrated in and some have headlight harness integrated in. Also some bulk head wires differ

M&H makes some full harnesses with the electronic ignition built in. I haven't looked to see if they make one for your specific application, but, they make one for my '66.

A 73 harness will likely NOT work as a plug in, as Oldmanmopar said. They- Mopar- made little changes nearly every year. Bill & Rose Evans make nice original and modified engine harnesses. They have what you are looking for. I'd call & talk to them, or sometimes he's at Spring Carlisle. He's at Chrysler Carlisle every year.

No, Buy a 70 harness and install the electronic. All harnesses are different some harness have the wiper motor integrated in and some have headlight harness integrated in. Also some bulk head wires differ
^^THIS^^ and some of the "repop" new harnesses can be ordered with electronic ig section of the harness built in already.

-
Back