wiring issue number 1

-

Pirate duster

Reaction score
the forward light harness bulkhead connector will not go to the bulkhead that it is supposed to go. In the wiring diagram it shows for the connector to be on the far right bulkhead. what are my options for taking care of this problem? thanks

A little more explantation of your problem please. The year make and model of the car would help immensely. Do you mean the harness for the passenge side headlights, turn signals, and sidemarkers? Or do you mean the harness for all the front headlights, turn signals and sidemarkers. I don't recall chrysler running a lighting harness on the passenger side, they liked to run it up the driver side and then across the radiator support to get to the passenger side.

are you saying the connector wont push into and seat into the bulkhead? a picture is worth a thousand words....

im sorry i forgot to put the year. 74 duster. im not at home right now to take a picture. the front beams, turn signals and side markers. what im saying is that the groove on the light harness connector only fits the the connector for the nuetral safety switch/wiper harness on the firewall, which is passenger side but is supposed to be drivers side.

okay, i am a little confused, but i have a 73 duster that is completely original, so if you need pics of how it is supposed to be , i have no problem getting you some.

it outta be the right one. i just bought it from a member here that was parting out a 74 duster. all the wire colors match up, but as far as a picture, never hurts and i would appreciate one. thank you

ok. the light harness bulk head connector should plug in to drivers side bulk head but the groove placements dont match. The only bulkhead connector that matches grooves is the one for the neutral safety swith/wiper bulkhead, which is the passenger side according to the wiring diagram. A bit confused myself.

so just to get this straight, you are trying to plug in a forward light harness from a 74into a 74 but the connector appears (or is) different or just isnt working?

ok the far right side is the wiper motor/NSS. the forward light harness and ignition harness are taped together and split off into the middle and far left side. i think you are trying to plug it in the wrong side

Attachments

• fh.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 124
sounds crazy but i guess thats whats going on. maybe im just not thinking outside the box. it sucks that im not home right now. Im gonna try to explain this as easy as i can. Suppose i have ignition part of the harness plugged in. Ok, since i know that it will match the groove placement for wiper/nss side, if i turn the bulkhead for the light part of the harness the other way, will the grooves match to drivers side bulkhead on the firewall? and thanks for the picture

sounds crazy but i guess thats whats going on. maybe im just not thinking outside the box. it sucks that im not home right now. Im gonna try to explain this as easy as i can. Suppose i have ignition part of the harness plugged in. Ok, since i know that it will match the groove placement for wiper/nss side, if i turn the bulkhead for the light part of the harness the other way, will the grooves match to drivers side bulkhead on the firewall? and thanks for the picture

it may physically fit upside down on the opposite side BUT , you need to make sure your wiper /NSS is on the right side. the middle and left side will NOT plug in their opposite sides no matter how you try them.

well, i guess tomorrow ill see whats going on and post up some pics for you guys to see if i cant figure it out. thanks for the quick diagnosis with out much info.

The connectors are all keyed to fit only one spot in the correct orientation.

Wiring diagrams can be confusing.
Looking from under the hood, The coonector closest to the wiper motor is for the wiper motor.

-
Back