Wiseco pistons and K1 rods

-

Tech857

Reaction score
Has anybody used the protrue pistons and K1 h beam rods are they any good are the tolerances good?

I have the K1 H-beams in my 340. Mike at MRL said they were good to go out of the box. I'd say they're great then.

I used the Wiseco Pro-tru's in my 408. They were real accurate on specs and the balance on them was within .2 grams from lightest to heaviest so my machinist didn't have to touch them. Their also real lightweight yet strong

I have K1 rods w CP pistons in my 408. No problems with the K1's after 7 years. They were excellent quality out of box.

WISECO Pro True pistons in my motor, can't remember the actual numbers but machinist was very happy with them,weight variance and specs.
Looked plenty nice, no issues to report!

Has anybody used the protrue pistons and K1 h beam rods are they any good are the tolerances good?

For you turbo slant six fans out there (both of you!) they make them for the leaning tower of power, as well,(for the 225's ...) both cranks, forged and cast.

About a thousand dollars total, for both rods and pistons, but, it's good insurance...

For you turbo slant six fans out there (both of you!) they make them for the leaning tower of power, as well,(for the 225's ...) both cranks, forged and cast.

About a thousand dollars total, for both rods and pistons, but, it's good insurance...

Yup, here they are................

Attachments

• DSC09404.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 264
I don't remember but it was measured in Pounds, not grams.

The advantage of forged components in the reciprocating assembly in a turbocharged slant six application is not so much the weight advantage I think, but resistance to the deleterious effects of detonation. Cast pistons will be damaged by detonation under boost, where forged ones will live a little while... At least, that is what I have heard.

It gives you a second chance, where there is no second chance with stock internals should you accidentally encounter detonation, under boost, due to, maybe, a lean mixture, or too much spark advance, excessive heat, etc.....

Just my opinion.

The weight saving is definitely important, too, but not AS important, I think.

At any rate, the forged parts are definitely worth the money, IF you can afford them, IMHO. Not necessary in a N/A application, except in the case of a high-winding 170 where the 7,000+ rpm revs could cause a stock piston to be pulled apart at the top of a stroke, due to inertia.:eek:ops:

I was able to get the rods and pistons with rings for 1100.00 shipped was this a good deal?

-
Back