Wiseco Pistons

-
To use those pistons, you need the 198 engine connecting rod length (7.005 inches). Floated/reconditioned stock 198 rods, or K-1, or Molnar rods

Jim, if you want to come race with us you need those pistons.
Light weight, metric ring package, lighter, stronger, able to leap tall buildings, etc.

As you said, stock build, not needed.
Truck looks supper!

Jim, if you want to come race with us you need those pistons.
Light weight, metric ring package, lighter, stronger, able to leap tall buildings, etc.

As you said, stock build, not needed.
Truck looks supper!

I cruise not race :)

I was looking at these before coffee this morning... thought there was a new kid on the block but these are the same as I looked at with the Dart a few years ago...

I was looking at these before coffee this morning... thought there was a new kid on the block but these are the same as I looked at with the Dart a few years ago...
There is a group buy in motion for forged pistons that use stock rods on the .org Slanty forum, it hasn't finalized yet. BTW, You can use floating pistons on any press-fit rod, just not the other way around. As long as the piston-ht./rod-length are matched.

I've looked for years for another application that would give zero or close to deck height for the stock 225 rod length and there's nothing close. But yeah, any of the major piston manufacturers will gladly whittle you out whatever you want. Just get your wallet out. lol

I've looked for years for another application that would give zero or close to deck height for the stock 225 rod length and there's nothing close. But yeah, any of the major piston manufacturers will gladly whittle you out whatever you want. Just get your wallet out. lol
Rusty, wouldn't a block mill accomplish your near zero deck height?
Just no valve clearance! LOL (not really).

Rusty, wouldn't a block mill accomplish your near zero deck height?
Just no valve clearance! LOL (not really).
Well sure, but most slant 6 pistons are on the order of .180" in the hole. Plus then you need the stock pistons fly cut.

0.100" off the Head and 0.100" off the Block with Stock 225 Rods and Stock 225 Replacemnt Pistons will give you ~ 10.25:1 Compression with no modifications to the piston. If you have a high lift/High Duration Cam, then You might need to add valve notches to the piston whifh I did on one of my former builds.

I have a set of the Pistons Menstioned in Post #1 above in my Ruster at the 3.504" Ø bore size with excessive milling to achieve 13.5:1 CR. Good Stuff.

-
Back