Wiseco Pro Tru pistons

Forced Induction Mopar

1. subcom

subcom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    I've been piston shopping for my next 5.9 Magnum turbo build and have found a few forged flat tops with basically the same specs across many brands; ICON, JE, Wiseco.

The Wisecos seem to be the best priced (as low as $409 w/ rings). I realize they aren't necessarily a turbo piston and will put compression at around 10.5:1 but they seem like a good bargain for a forged piston and my goals (about 15psi max).
    Im thinking about these pistons, stock crank and the good Scat I beam rods. Stock bore and stroke, E85 fuel. Thoughts?
    Hughes Engines

• Like Like x 2
    • dusted

dusted FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Well I think it will be a good cheap upgrade but compression maybe a little high for 15psi. I’m running Icon and we think I am around 9.5. Maybe Cometic can make a thicker head gasket to help lower it some. Still stock head?
      Look how far you have come with stock parts! Impressive!

• Like Like x 1
      • subcom

subcom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I was considering the Icon 742s which
        Yep, same everything else. EQ heads, same top end. Undecided on the cam. Maybe a new regrind. And def considering some thick MLS gaskets. I don't want to kill the budget but still make the bottom end a little more robust. I've been going back and forth for months...stroker? Just forged pistons? Stock pistons with gapped rings....Gen3 Hemi? Lol. This seems to be a decent compromise. I got my new JY '94 5.9 back from the machine shop and it cleaned up perfectly with a hone and crank polish. Just need to pull the trigger on some parts and start assembly.

• dusted

dusted FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        I think this is what I have. I will check the paperwork when I get back home later. Budget always come into play for most of us.
        I’m happy with the Hughes custom turbo grind I have. Sounds awesome and just plain works.

• Like Like x 1
        • subcom

subcom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Just to close out this thread, I got the Wisecos and Scat I beams from KMJ performance. $405.00 for pistons with rings and pins. I calc'd the Bob weight and they come in a little lighter than the factory stuff, so hopefully my machine shop will just have to remove a little weight to balance it all.
          IMG_20190813_213810257.jpg IMG_20190813_213910870.jpg IMG_20190813_213920074.jpg

• Like Like x 2
          • turboking15

turboking15 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            Looking good man, cant wait to see it back up and running. I had oregon regrind a stock cam for my turbo setup, it was like $180 with shipping both ways. Will be assembling short block as soon as i get the call to pick it up from the machine shop.

• Like Like x 2
            • stixx

stixx FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
              4:27 AM
              Things of beauty! :)

• Bobzilla

Bobzilla Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              Is that 524 written on the piston showing the weight in grams without the pin? How much does one pin weigh?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.