Wish me luck and good weather this weekend

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
I'm shooting the paint/clear on the Dodge. Working with new materials, new gun, and candy effect. I'm feelin' just a wee bit nervous.

Good luck,hope the weather is good and your paint job turns out even better.

John

break a leg... ? Spray painting a vehicle is kinda like performing arts aint it ?
:)

May each cup spray like silk :cheers:, Yes this is art work for sure :thumbrig:
Go for it and enjoy, I am sure the weather will be good for you.:color:

Good Luck

I think I would shoot some panel or something other than the car to test the gun and get the candy laid down.

I love candy paint, but very hard to get even.

Hope you have better weather than we are scheduled to have, rain today, rain tomorrow, rain Saturday and yes Rain Sunday,
Ah, race weekend in Indy, got to love it...............LOL

Nothing like a real Candy Apple Red car

Good luck! I've never tried to do a real paint job before and I admire those who can do it. Body work is not my forte'.

OMG!!! I am wrecked! My back feels like a freight train is parked on it. Both arms feel like I was drawn by mules (predominantly a righty but can use both on most stuff so both are now sore.) My nose is burnin' and my left eye feels like gravel is in it. I whacked my head on the damn garage door trying to get the air hose from being the tangled mess ball it was. BUT....it is finished!! I'll post pictures as soon as I buff it out.

I decided not to do the candy because I didn't think I wanted the black basecoat completely covered so I used some gold ghost pearl in the first coat of clear. It made quite an interesting effect. It kind of looks like bronze. Hopefully when it is sitting in the sun it doesn't look like a speckled turd or I'll be bummed.:toothy10:

I know the felling MoparGirl :-D Holding the gun and your mind and eyes are always staying busy, I hope the bobo on your head is ok and your paint job turnned out good, Know get out there and get some pictures :cheers:
Congrats on getting it painted Girl :cheers:

Would love to see some photos.
How do you like how the end results of your hard work ?

John (Moparsky) :-D

By the way, I shoulda mentioned this is my B Body. The Dart Sport is on the other side of the garage with my son under the hood fighting with the motor. I think the motor is winning. LOL

It is still not buffed out yet but since I just removed all the tape from the trim, I figured I'd post a couple of shots. I do like the end result. Haven't had it out in the sunlight yet though to check on the speckled turd thing.

440 Paint Job10.JPG

440 Paint Job13.JPG

440 Paint Job12.JPG

Is that a 330? I see it's a B body but it has 4 drs but dont let that scare ya. One of my favorites is the 65 Coronet 2 dr post. Looks good from where i'm setting. What color is it?
Small Block

Is that a 330? I see it's a B body but it has 4 drs but dont let that scare ya. One of my favorites is the 65 Coronet 2 dr post. Looks good from where i'm setting. What color is it?
Small Block

It's a 440. I wanted it to be a sleeper. Something people would look at and think "Granny's car." That is until the light changes green. lol

The basecoat color was jet black gloss. The first coat of clear has gold ghost pearl (1/4 tsp to 1 qt clear.) The end result is a bronze look in the sun and black in low/no light.

-
Back