Wish us luck...BATF interview for FFL

-
FFLs received today :cheers: #1 sale and #3 manufacture of ammo.

All the Illinois states hoops have been jumped through and one more newspaper notice tomorrow to satisfy the county.

D & R Firearms is in business :cheers:

FFLs received today :cheers: #1 sale and #3 manufacture of ammo.

All the Illinois states hoops have been jumped through and one more newspaper notice tomorrow to satisfy the county.

D & R Firearms is in business :cheers:
Do you have any Mosen Nagant carbines?8)

good luck man Love shooting me some guns :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y_6H617Fcs"]YouTube - Tremors - Mr Keaton and reba shooting the basement worm[/ame]

hopefully it works out for you, that'd be awesome.
guns are my main hobby, and i've been wanting a g21. let me know if you get them i might want to get one from you if you're willing to ship to CA!
Pretty sure anything beyond a pea shooter is illegal in CA. From what I know, the FFL is only legal in the state it is issued in. Anything that you were to purchase from them would need to be shipped thru an FFL holder in your state....at least that is the way I had it explained to me by a friend that has an FFL in Texas....

Do you have any Mosen Nagant carbines?8)

We don't have any inventory yet and unless it's a wholesaler "special" won't for awhile. I want to offer low mark-up special ordering which will be good for the locals but not sure about for the out of state people due to shipping and local transfer fee.

The web site is in it's "first draft" and needs A BUNCH of work yet, repeat A BUNCH of work. www.thegunexperts.com . "experts",....well.....finding an available domain name is like finding hen's teeth.

We don't have any inventory yet and unless it's a wholesaler "special" won't for awhile. I want to offer low mark-up special ordering which will be good for the locals but not sure about for the out of state people due to shipping and local transfer fee.

The web site is in it's "first draft" and needs A BUNCH of work yet, repeat A BUNCH of work. www.thegunexperts.com . "experts",....well.....finding an available domain name is like finding hen's teeth.
Might wanna put up a want ad for an experienced web designer to make your site look more legit. Id buy a gun from you if you were closer. I've been looking for a Mosen carbine for a while now for a very good friend serving our military.

And one the website address, atleast you got a good one! atleast its not like daisiesandpuppiesandponiesfirearms.com

hopefully it works out for you, that'd be awesome.
guns are my main hobby, and i've been wanting a g21. let me know if you get them i might want to get one from you if you're willing to ship to CA!

Ink is right on the only transfer thru a FFL holder. I could sell to about anyone but would have to ship it to a FFL holder for the actual transfer.

Sorry, but like many dealers I don't believe we will be shipping to Kalifornia. It PO's me that I have to have a FOID in IL.

Congrats! Sounds like you are doing something you love - that means you are already well-paid!

Congratulations Roger! That's some awesome news right there. I know you'll be successful at anything you set your heart and mind to ... you're that kind of guy. :-D Here's raising a toast to many years of prosperity and personal fulfillment.

Itrs hard getting a buisness started, you gonna have a range?

THAT is one of our goals/dreams. There are two local successful businessmen who want to go in with us on a range. The county zoning board has proved to be not range friendly ( outdoor ) and an indoor range runs 10K-15K per lane not including building and HVAC.

Great news Barge and best of luck to you!

Congrats! Sounds like you are doing something you love - that means you are already well-paid!

Congratulations Roger! That's some awesome news right there. I know you'll be successful at anything you set your heart and mind to ... you're that kind of guy. :-D Here's raising a toast to many years of prosperity and personal fulfillment.

Thank you all. Hope it's a way for me to get off these %$$%#% boats early. Now that Glo is retired she wants me home and I can't say I disagree with her.

THAT is one of our goals/dreams. There are two local successful businessmen who want to go in with us on a range. The county zoning board has proved to be not range friendly ( outdoor ) and an indoor range runs 10K-15K per lane not including building and HVAC.
Ouch! Sorry to hear, A range is a business boomer especially in an area like yours it sounds! Helps to draw business and add some repeat business too, people I know normally buy their arms locally at the only place that has a range withing 40 miles just because of the fact that you can buy your gun and shoot it too. They also have Date Night Fridays, 2 shoot for the price of 1.8). I wish you luck dude. Your goal is admirable and I see you being quite successful at this:salute:

And on the note of home, home is where the heart is they say :-D

bargeahead said:
Sorry, but like many dealers I don't believe we will be shipping to Kalifornia. It PO's me that I have to have a FOID in IL.

you may want to reconsider. it is not difficult to ship to an ffl in CA.
there is a huge market for guns in CA and many customers are very loyal to any ffl that is willing to ship here.

good luck with the business and hopefully one day i'll be able to buy something from you.

Well now......Spent the last 4 weeks working on the boat and juggling phone calls from biz partner and trying to set-up what I could long distance and got home Tuesday evening. Have been going non-stop since then.

Holy smokers Nellie, starting a business is WORK !

However, there is a certain degree of satisfaction. We are "advertising" we "buy, sell, trade, sell on consignment, and do FFL transfers"

Now just waiting for more people to want to buy from us rather than sell to us.

D & R Firearms is now an official entity. I just might have a rum & coke to celebrate.

Thanks to all from Dean and I for the support and encouragement.

Best Regards, Roger

Congrats to you on getting thru all the "red tape" involved. Wishing you the best on your new Biz barge.

I'm sure you'll do a bang up job........:-D

Well now; we have officially been in business and having inventory to sell one week today. We picked up 12 used police trade-ins last Friday and besides the ad on a certain auto forum my partner placed a vaguely worded ad on a certain popular online site last Friday evening. Phone calls and e-mails started flying in at 0800 Sat' morning. On Wed' we had to "step back" and get caught up on notes to ourselves and paperwork.
Bottom line......we're going back tomorrow for more inventory and hopefully get a better deal based on buying more.

Many thanks to all the members who have offered words and messages of support and/or expressed interest.

Who knows ? Indoor range and gun shop might be not too far in the near/distant future.

Thanks again folks. ;-)

Well now; we have officially been in business and having inventory to sell one week today. We picked up 12 used police trade-ins last Friday and besides the ad on a certain auto forum my partner placed a vaguely worded ad on a certain popular online site last Friday evening. Phone calls and e-mails started flying in at 0800 Sat' morning. On Wed' we had to "step back" and get caught up on notes to ourselves and paperwork.
Bottom line......we're going back tomorrow for more inventory and hopefully get a better deal based on buying more.

Many thanks to all the members who have offered words and messages of support and/or expressed interest.

Who knows ? Indoor range and gun shop might be not too far in the near/distant future.

Thanks again folks. ;-)

Good to hear Barge! I'll probably go shooting tomorrow morning at the local range (after I get more dog food, I'm out again). Everytime I go, I can't help but take a peek at whatever they might have on consignment, so the range, if it can be done, may well be worth the investment. Every Sunday morning they also have a one hour free coffee thing so everyone shows up, gets jazzed on coffee and talks guns, CCW holsters, etc. They also do CCW training there but I'm betting IL. still doesn't allow it.

Have you thought about dealing in the Rock Island Armory 1911's? I picked one up months ago and am very happy with it. The only FTF I had was with an aftermarket mag. They are very reasonably priced (I paid 425 out the door), reliable and more accurate than I expected. Plus, they make great builder guns and would bring more business to the gunsmith.

Good to hear Barge! I'll probably go shooting tomorrow morning at the local range (after I get more dog food, I'm out again). Everytime I go, I can't help but take a peek at whatever they might have on consignment, so the range, if it can be done, may well be worth the investment. Every Sunday morning they also have a one hour free coffee thing so everyone shows up, gets jazzed on coffee and talks guns, CCW holsters, etc. They also do CCW training there but I'm betting IL. still doesn't allow it.

Have you thought about dealing in the Rock Island Armory 1911's? I picked one up months ago and am very happy with it. The only FTF I had was with an aftermarket mag. They are very reasonably priced (I paid 425 out the door), reliable and more accurate than I expected. Plus, they make great builder guns and would bring more business to the gunsmith.

Thank you Joe. We'll for sure look into the Rock Island 1911. We want to be a Hi Point and Kel Tec dealer also and today our distributor/wholesaler mentioned we could possibly get set up as a certified Glock dealer. That means we get to go to Glock armorer course :thumleft:

Thank you Joe. We'll for sure look into the Rock Island 1911. We want to be a Hi Point and Kel Tec dealer also and today our distributor/wholesaler mentioned we could possibly get set up as a certified Glock dealer. That means we get to go to Glock armorer course :thumleft:

Excellent Barge! I had a Glock model 23 in .40 SW and it never failed to ftf, ever. Not much to them really, quite an ingenious design. My one buddy who was a Vietnam era veteran got it to stovepipe by limp wristing it, lol. He kept on me telling what a POS plastic gun it was...... 3 years later he bought it from me, lol.

I really dig my Rock Island. Big old thumper. ;-) Ballistics of the .45 ACP are on par with the old .45 LC loads. I went looking for another Glock for CCW, but after trying and checking out maybe 20 pistols, I fell back on the original John Browing design. He too was a genius and his design still stands after 100 years. I've been converted, lol.

Excellent Barge! I had a Glock model 23 in .40 SW and it never failed to ftf, ever. Not much to them really, quite an ingenious design. My one buddy who was a Vietnam era veteran got it to stovepipe by limp wristing it, lol. He kept on me telling what a POS plastic gun it was...... 3 years later he bought it from me, lol.

I really dig my Rock Island. Big old thumper. ;-) Ballistics of the .45 ACP are on par with the old .45 LC loads. I went looking for another Glock for CCW, but after trying and checking out maybe 20 pistols, I fell back on the original John Browing design. He too was a genius and his design still stands after 100 years. I've been converted, lol.

:thumleft:

-
Back