With or with out a hood scoop?

-
I see you live in CA...where? I would like to meet with you.
In Gardena California. Let’s pm and talk, Irwindale raceway is my home track too. Occasionally I go to Fontana raceway and run in the PSCA and NMCA races with the old car I sold. I got this Duster ready to got to the track now.It’s not as fast as the Camaro that I used to have, but it will get there.

Last edited:
Make it your own. You'll never regret that scoop once you look out over it. Moving the bumpers in also looks good and loses a ton of weight. They were designed to be flush then came the 5 mph bumper law.

download (2).jpg

The dart sport style stripe makes it look like the scoop came on there. Use this paint for scoop and stripe. You can have it put in spray cans. That is the paint I use on this Duster also used on dashes , scoops , spoilers and stripes. It is idiot proof and comes out perfect every time.

DSCN1698 (3).JPG

DSCN1699 (3).JPG

dus2.jpg

I put a raisin bran scoop on my 62, simply because it was laying around the garage, the Sixpack scoop I had was cracking, and it looks a little like the maxwedge scoop. The one I used is a real Mopar part,not an aftermarket, and I had to modify it for the center rib. Who knew they would skyrocket in value?!?

20190410_175217.jpg

The dart sport style stripe makes it look like the scoop came on there. Use this paint for scoop and stripe. You can have it put in spray cans. That is the paint I use on this Duster also used on dashes , scoops , spoilers and stripes. It is idiot proof and comes out perfect every time.

View attachment 1715844642

View attachment 1715844643

View attachment 1715844644
Thank you for the paint information. My car already has the black strips. And I will paint the scoop with that paint.

2E7268E1-BF17-4294-B1D7-4FA38E2EB81B.jpeg

Last edited:
I put a raisin bran scoop on my 62, simply because it was laying around the garage, the Sixpack scoop I had was cracking, and it looks a little like the maxwedge scoop. The one I used is a real Mopar part,not an aftermarket, and I had to modify it for the center rib. Who knew they would skyrocket in value?!?

View attachment 1715844657
Why is it referred to as a raisin bran scoop?

less is more, unless you're a young guy. Check out the back wheels and tires in post #15 he got it right!
Just my opinion and shouldn't mean anything to you...unless you agree.

I love 62's. The first car I smashed was a 62 Plymouth. It was my dads . My mom sent me to the farm store for milk and I hit a pole showing off for a girl I had a crush on working there. I think it looks great

View attachment 1715844657

Thank you FABO guys for your input, I can now make an educated decision with all the ideas and experience you all have shared.

Leave it as is, it's perfect. Or you could find a dead male sheep on the road and glue its head on... just saying it would be RAM air ???? Maybe

Having owed a 74 without the twin snorkel and then adding one from my totaled 73 Dart sport it would make the front of the car "pop." In fact, I did mine differently and painted it to the color of the car. Let me see if I can find a picture of it. Most people don't do that..... Just a different way and opinion....
Pictures?

-
Back