With or with out a hood scoop?

-
Who painted your car @PG Duster
It was painted in Arizona city Arizona my guess about 4 years ago. I don’t know which body shop, I bought the car painted in March of last year.

FA6BC48D-E8FB-487C-8222-81BE92A26727.jpeg

A friend of mine detailed it, touched up and polished the paint , so it looks even better than when I bought it. He calls it the wet look.

8FAEA098-CDB1-402F-BAF7-74FB3DE232F4.jpeg

205BDCE5-B9F4-456B-AD1C-5E4043EA89CF.jpeg

6A5919CF-3AB4-4AE8-A07A-9F1BA65C9C30.jpeg

Last edited:
Not very good picture quality. I need to scan them and was unable to..... My parents guard their pictures like Fork Knox. This was 1988 so it's been a while..... It gave the hood a little "pop" but nothing over the top.

JW

blue duster.jpg

bluee duster.jpg

Not very good picture quality. I need to scan them and was unable to..... My parents guard their pictures like Fork Knox. This was 1988 so it's been a while..... It gave the hood a little "pop" but nothing over the top.

JW

View attachment 1715846454

View attachment 1715846455
Looks good, nice car, is that your stock hood or did you put on a fiberglass hood/scoop? Looks great either way.

Looks good, nice car, is that your stock hood or did you put on a fiberglass hood/scoop?

Thanks and yes it was a nice car. Original 360 car with extremely low miles. It was an original hood. Originally we were going to flat black the scoop and then the body shop shot the hood and scoop in one color and the rest is history. IMO the color of your car would work great with the concept. The scoop was off an Original 73 Dart sport 340 if that helps...

JW

Thanks and yes it was a nice car. Original 360 car with extremely low miles. It was an original hood. Originally we were going to flat black the scoop and then the body shop shot the hood and scoop in one color and the rest is history. IMO the color of your car would work great with the concept. The scoop was off an Original 73 Dart sport 340 if that helps...

JW
You said it was, you don’t own it anymore? That info. will help, thank you.

You said it was, you don’t own it anymore? That info. will help, thank you.

Car is long gone. Not veering from your intent in the thread but that car had maybe 40K on the odometer and with Wheels/Tires and a fresh paint job maybe 3K. It's why I cringe when I see what people pay for these cars today lol.....

I hope it gave you a different perspective....

JW

Last edited:
Car is long gone. Not veering from your intent in the thread but that car had may 40K on the odometer and with Wheels/Tires and a fresh paint job maybe 3K. It's why I cringe when I see what people pay for these cars today lol.....

I hope it gave you a different perspective....

JW

I bought this one in 1979 for $1100. And sold it 6 years later for $3500. If we had only known.

7623B886-A57F-47DF-B9CB-6B6CA80EC7C5.jpeg

if I had kept that, it would have had a hood scoop on it too.

Last edited:
I bought this one in 1979 for $1100. And sold it 6 years later for $3500. If we had only known.

View attachment 1715846571

if I had kept that, it would have had a hood scoop on it too.

Lol..... Nice. You got to live in the right time for these cars..... This was 1985. High 12 second car. Clean as a pin and my Dad sold it for $2500.00 or there abouts...

JW

duster with trophys.jpg

Nice, what a sleeper. Mine Was a low 13’s car back then.

Last edited:
Nice, what a sleeper. Was a low 13’s car back then.

He would win in trophy class week after week with that car. He never chased an ET with it. We have a ton of pictures of cars from that era but getting them so I can scan them is a different story lol....

JW

237_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=MZ_k6h6OgAoAX_jBKJZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.jpg

This made me Chuckle 6500.00 asking price. Look at what you got for 1100.00 in 1979. Talk about times that have changed....

JW

Thanks FABO for all of your input, I decided To keep the hood the way it is for now.

ADF3B500-FDAD-4ABD-96B7-E88451735A34.jpeg

until a good deal on a fiberglass hood/W scoop comes around.

Last edited:
That's one of my cars in #108.
I ran the Cortina a few years ago. The Opel is nearly ready, except for the removal of those awful flames.

View attachment 1715844904

View attachment 1715844905

View attachment 1715844906
Sweet! My first car was a 1968 Cortina GT. A high dash car. It scared every Vega, Pint, and B210 in the small town. I rolled it 3 times in the rain trying to drive around a racoon. Broke my back in 2 places, and other bones, too. With 4.10 gears, it was really quick.

I have agree with most the concense. Just too pretty as is. Though I really like the SS hood on A-body. Sometimes the manufacturer was right.

Recycler.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back