With or with out a hood scoop?

-
I like that scoop on your Duster. I decided not to put a hood scoop on it for now.
This is a drag car. (But could be brought back to street.) There is a hole cut out so top of the carb peeks thru to grab cooler air. Someone a while ago made and welded the front clip together in a very clever all steel tilt front. Very functional.

ZomboDroid 27062021135616.jpg

I have agree with most the concense. Just too pretty as is. Though I really like the SS hood on A-body. Sometimes the manufacturer was right.

View attachment 1715910277
I think they call the color Jad,blue. I had a Jad Green 72' Dodge Sportsman Royal van that was Jad Green and it was hit on one side years ago and the body shop painted the side Jad blue. I almost fell over when I picked it up and seen the blue in it. Made them paint it again the correct Jad Green. Both Jads are a COOL color.

I think they call the color Jad,blue. I had a Jad Green 72' Dodge Sportsman Royal van that was Jad Green and it was hit on one side years ago and the body shop painted the side Jad blue. I almost fell over when I picked it up and seen the blue in it. Made them paint it again the correct Jad Green. Both Jads are a COOL color.

Is there a significant metal flake in that Jab color? I just call the blue "Duster Blue" due to have seen on Dusters before. It may be that "Jab" color you are referring? (Because of the lawn. The car looks a little greenish. But it's really a metal flaked blue.) The subject Green car may be the Green version?

Last edited:
I had no choice but to put a scoop on mine, the po had cut a huge hole in the hood. I probably would have put one on anyway because I do like the way it looks.
20190112_143817_HDR.jpg
20190331_133543.jpg
20200621_143131.jpg

@PG Duster and @33IMP there is a good chance I’ll be at Irwindale this Thursday night. Anyone else?

I will not be able to make it, I’m in self quarantine, having been diagnosed with Covid. After my 12 days is up I’ll be back out. And it’s too bad that auto club Raceway dragstrip is now closed, my understanding Permanently.

Last edited:
I will not be able to make it, I’m in self quarantine, having been diagnosed with Covid. After my 12 days is up I’ll be back out. And it’s too bad that auto club Raceway dragstrip is now closed, my understanding Permanently.
WHAT?!?! SINCE WHEN? They just dropped multiple millions and months doing the sound wall, WTF?

Take care of yourself. Drag racing can wait. Hope you feel better.
Darn, TT, I would love to be, but i have a vet appointment for my new GSD pup Thursday morning, in Arizona.
Planning on coming back Friday for the spring fling, gonna try for Irwindale next thursday......
There’s plenty of other days. We’re out there often. May has a big roundy round and derby schedule. We’ll likely hit a few of those as well.

And yes Fontana has been closed for a while. They might do private rentals or something like that.
54D1F0CF-4659-4B35-8D9F-9EF1FABF1E0D.png

There’s plenty of other days. We’re out there often. May has a big roundy round and derby schedule. We’ll likely hit a few of those as well.
My E-body owning best friend can usually get comps for the big roundy shows there. When she does I'll send you a pm and we can get together.....

True and thank you, getting well is important.

WHAT?!?! SINCE WHEN? They just dropped multiple millions and months doing the sound wall, WTF?

I had the 'rona twice. First time not so great, second one, bad cold LOL. I work in the health care field, so whatyagonnado?

Is there a significant metal flake in that Jab color? I just call the blue "Duster Blue" due to have seen on Dusters before. It may be that "Jab" color you are referring? (Because of the lawn. The car looks a little greenish. But it's really a metal flaked blue.) The subject Green car may be the Green version?
Yes, both "JADS" had metal flake included.

-
Back