... with your dipstick

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
The donor engine for my 66 Barracuda is a 1976 360 from a dodge pick up. The problem is with the center sump pan, the dipstick doesn't want to go all the way in to the tube. The last half inch is hard and it wants to jump back out a little. No baffles, oil pan from Speedway, tube in stock location in front of block, and stock tube and dip stick.

You might feel old when you go to McDonald's and they ask you if you need help with your tray.

You can get a reproduction dip stick with tube new from Mancini Racing for cheap.

Thanks for the easy fix. Does anyone know why I am having this problem.
Thanks,
Mike

Are the tube and stick from the same year passenger car? Sounds like the stick is a hair too long. If you fill it to factory capacity and run it, shut it down, then look at the stick, you can probably shorten what you have and remark it and it will be fine.

The tube and stick are the stock parts on the donor engine. This engine came out of a pick up. Could this be the problem.
Thanks all!!
Mike

Possible. The truck stick is about 2 1/2' long. The passenger stick is about a foot shorter. The truck tube is sometimes taller too depending on the alternator package it had. If it was me, I'd just cut the stick if the tube's not overly long.

-
Back